Bank Holiday Weekend

Ok - Windsurfing it isn't. This is the mountain bikers splinter group for when the wind don't blow!

Moderator: Moderators

Adrian
surf god
surf god

Bank Holiday Weekend

Post by Adrian »

Any body playing on Sunday?

Have posted in Rob's e-mail for those who might have missed it

Adrian

Morning all,

A last minute agenda for this weekend . . .

Saturday 23rd - a Biddestone 23 mile 'mini epic'. Yes, in terms of Biddestone it's an epic but we're not exactly talking 2 laps of Skyline here . . . some corking bits nevertheless. Meet by the duckpond at 11:30 for an 11.45 ish start. Possibly a pub stop or two on route :-))

Saturday pm - any hecklers for Ewan/Chris/Steenie's team at the set2rise event over night at Earlstoke will be most welcomed! (possibly).

Sunday 24th. No idea yet. Could be a blast around Cwmcarn, Ashton Court or a local Lansdown loop. Contact me by mobile if interested.

Any last minute riders for the BBF who are unfamiliar with the course and who'd like a practice lap or 2, give me a shout and we'll arrange something asap.

Cheers,
Rob.
NigelP
surf god
surf god

Post by NigelP »

Martin and I are planning to join Rob for the Biddestone ride on Saturday. We are in no way influenced by the mention of pub stops :shock:
Windsurfers do it standing at the bar
NigelP
surf god
surf god

Post by NigelP »

A wonderfully sunny day and great company. Rob, Vicky, Adrian, Martin and three of Rob's friends were all there. We all looked on and admired Robs latest toy, although it seemed a pity to get it dirty.

The ride was largely uneventful, aside from some fields of wild garlic and some equally angry stinging nettles. At times I wished I had been wearing body armour to protect me from the vegitation.

I would have said the ride was largely uneventful if it hadn’t been for two incidents. We were hammering down a narrow road with a muddy slippery centre and Martin was on my outside on a tight bend. I really did try very hard to take him out and give him the benefit of having his birthday cake in a convalescent ward, but he was far too quick for me. And, Adrian was perfectly poised to deliver the coup to grace (to one of us). I had made the classic mistake of looking at Martin to make sure I avoided him and created the very incident I hoped to avoid. :oops: :oops: :oops:

The other item of note came later, at home. I downloaded the data from my new heart rate monitor and found I had peaked at 218 bpm, when my theoretical max is around 169 plus or minus 20. I may either be on my way out or my HRM is telling porky pies. :???:

I am sure neither incident was good for the heart.

As mentioned, a most enjoyable XC ride and thanks to Rob. Stats 22.4 miles (Rob took a short cut) and 2922 ft ascended. Pub stops in the middle and at the end were a definite plus. :D :D :D
Windsurfers do it standing at the bar