w/e 15 & 16

Ok - Windsurfing it isn't. This is the mountain bikers splinter group for when the wind don't blow!

Moderator: Moderators

NigelP
surf god
surf god

w/e 15 & 16

Post by NigelP »

Is anyone coming out to play? :cry:
Windsurfers do it standing at the bar
dro
surf god
surf god

far away

Post by dro »

not much help to you Nigel I know but Hugh Plwm and I are going to Brechfa on Sunday

Have a nice day

LT
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
NigelP
surf god
surf god

Post by NigelP »

Thanks Hugh, but Brechfa is too far for a day out. However, Martin and I hope to find somewhere closer to home.
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

Nigel & I are off to Wentwood tomorrow; all others are most welcome to join us.

We expect to be at the car park (grid ref: 428938) by about 11:00.

The consumption of post ride beer is obligatory. Preferably not of the bland, fizzy, soapy, lagery kind ;)
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.
dro
surf god
surf god

hm

Post by dro »

Phew lucky you are not in Brechfa !!!
enjoy the warm flat very very iffy tasting real beer!!

We will think of you as we wizz around the raven

LT

(translation :- Wizz - ride very very slowly with great care thinking at all times of the cold tasteless yellow nectar)
dro
surf god
surf god

Post by dro »

Staggered round the "rave" (easy bits of the raven) ended up terrified by about 100 maniacs on an enduro event (bloody road hogs)
We retired gracefully and an excellent end to the day as Hugh Plwm fixed my immersion heater hot water again , what a very very nice man :D :D (if only all mountain bikers were that useful)

LT
NigelP
surf god
surf god

Post by NigelP »

Martin and I made a couple of misjudgments. The first was not having checked the Severn Bridge was open. It wasn't, so there was a bit of a detour getting to Wentwood. The other, was to assume that if it is dry here then it would be at Wentwood.

Big mistake as Wentwood is best avoided in the wet. Martin made life a little more difficult for himself by going as far as fitting dry tires for the ride.

The journey around Wentwwod put all the skills we learnt on the wilderness ride in the lake district to good use, including carrying our bikes where they has been felling trees. Some of the trails had also vanished, which made following the GPS trail interesting (although to be fair it was recorded five years ago).

I had a comedy fall onto my bad shoulder when I slipped in the slop.

Martin, however, was coming down the old Dragon Downhill when he drifted and hit one tree stump. He then had a very painful fall landing on a second, very sharp and unforgiving stump. You will be pleased to hear the tree stump did not sustain any injury whatsoever and we left the forest as we found it. This is more than can be said about the locals who are treating the place like a big tip. Should anyone want an old microwave or TV I can provide the OS references.

I was pleased to return in one piece, although Martin was moving very 'cautiously'

The beer did provide some comfort (or at least washed down the painkillers)

A sort of :roll: :oops: :shock: day.