Forest of Dean - Sun Mar 5

Ok - Windsurfing it isn't. This is the mountain bikers splinter group for when the wind don't blow!

Moderator: Moderators

MartinF
surf god
surf god

Forest of Dean - Sun Mar 5

Post by MartinF »

Adrian & I will be venturing deep into the forest tomorrow. Riding will be limited only by my level of fitness (v low).

If you would care to join us, you'd be most welcome. We'll probably get to the Pedalabikeaway centre about 11:00. Give me a quick call on oh 7 8 one 3 6 oh four two four 8 if you'd like to meet up.
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

Riding was indeed restricted by my level of (un)fitness. And the fact that the forestry diggers had removed a good 1/3 of the trail and left devastation in their wake :( We tried my usual trick of ignoring all the "trails not in use" kind of signs. The result of this was a substantial amount of carrying of bikes over the shoulder.
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

A good ride (apart from the carrying up an incedibly steep slope after the trail closed sign :cry: - the main trail was in excellent condition and the downhill runs also :lol: On checking my log i realised that it is about 4 years since I went to the Forest - I hope not to leave it so long ubntil next time.

Adrian
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Glad you had a good one, it was a nice day for riding. I might have come too if I hadn't been doing the Wentwood 50....... :D

Look, I've even got a photo of me on the bike for once...

No sign of dro, Elvis, Steve, Lance or Sue though.
dro
surf god
surf god

Post by dro »

behind you matt where else ?

LT
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

A modicum of research (ie: checking the map) indicates that the forestry work has destroyed the area known as "Wimberry Slade". That's effectively the entire area forming the descent on the end of the 2009 enduro trail. It could be that the trails used for the 2008 enduro - slighter further South - are still useable (see attached trails).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.