Ride - Sun 10th. Anyone?

Ok - Windsurfing it isn't. This is the mountain bikers splinter group for when the wind don't blow!

Moderator: Moderators

MartinF
surf god
surf god

Ride - Sun 10th. Anyone?

Post by MartinF »

Nigel & I are planning to ride on Sunday: We'd been talking about the loop around Cleeve Common, up by Cheltenham. Meeting up in Andoversford around 10:00.

There's the possibility I might be dragged kicking & screaming into a hostelry in Winchcombe part-way round.

If you'd like to join us, you'd be more than welcome. Post here, or call/text me on - oh 7 8 one three 6 oh 4 two four 8
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Not sure what I'm doing Sunday yet, but it's worth noting the Hell of the North Cotswolds event is taking place around Winchcombe so there'll be around 1400 MTBers in the area.

http://www.honc.org.uk/

We could just join in. :D
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

Thanks for pointing that out, Matt.

Alternatively, there's always the Forest of Dean! Plan now is to meet up at Nigel's at 09:00, which will probably mean getting to the FoD about 10:00 hoping there'll still be somewhere to park.
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

OK I'm in. See you at Pedalabikeaway at 10ish then.
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

Brilliant ride, with no major mishaps (other than the odd cleat-induced nasal depth-probing of the undergrowth). Dry & dusty conditions just about everywhere apart from the normal boggy bit.

There's a new trail being built that would seem to be a replacement for parts the enduro trail. Looks mostly very tame, but one section had some interesting berms being constructed.
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

Almost joined you but have done a lot of driving in the last week especially Friday when i was in Carmarthen and then rode the Gorlich at Brechfa in the evening followed by Portland on Saturday plus a couple of visits diversions on the way home.

So decided to ride from home so banked in a 4 hour ride on the Rideway - almost all dry and dusty with a small number of hold out puddles that are normally 'puddles of doom!' Just as well I still had my winter mud tyre on :lol: A pinch flat on a fast descent showed that trying to get a 2.2 - 2.5 inner tube inside a very tight fitting 2.0 tyre is impossible........Discovered largest patch smaller than slits in tube so tube would stay up until I started riding then just burped the air out of the side of the patch. :cry: Cue going back to the oversizze tube and broken tyre levers so a long stop before getting mobile :oops:

Adrian