Dolegellau Ho!

Ok - Windsurfing it isn't. This is the mountain bikers splinter group for when the wind don't blow!

Moderator: Moderators

Which is your ideal date?

May 5 -12
67%
May 12 - 19
No votes
May 19 - 21
No votes
June 9 - 15
No votes
Sept 22 - 29
33%

Total votes: 3

NigelP
surf god
surf god

Dolegellau Ho!

Post by NigelP »

I have spoken to all the nomad bikers about the alternative destinations and I have been persuaded that Wales is the better option.

Wales is cheaper and is more accessible, especially for those who can only make a few days. There is also the option of going for a sail, if it is too windy to go biking. :lol:

So, I looked at the dates when the house - we used before - is available and arrived at the following options:

May 5 -12 (Bank holiday), May 12 -19 & May 19 - 26, June 9 -16,
September 22 – 29, Sept 29 – 5.

Note: the late May and early June dates are slightly more expensive (about £15 to £20 pp)

I can make all these dates and would prefer May or June, on the basis that the windsurfing can be at its best in September.

Al has mentioned that the Bigbury event is booked on May 12/13, which would mean returning to Bristol a day early (although it looks like the week before the 5th is only partially booked, so we might be able to have access on the previous Friday)

If we are going, we will need to book very soon.

I have added a poll, although you will only be able to show your top option.

Who's interested and what dates can/can't you make?

Are you a possible or a probable?

PS Yup, I have left Sept 29-5 off the poll for some reason. Martin can you retrospectively add this or restart the poll please?
Windsurfers do it standing at the bar
RaV
surf god
surf god

Post by RaV »

We would go for the 5 - 12 May as we'll be up for the Dyfi Enduro on Sunday 6th May.
NigelP
surf god
surf god

Post by NigelP »

The review of last year's Enduro sounds epic. I would definitely be up for it.

If we can muster a group of 8, then the cost will be about £75 pp for the house.

But, it is only 6 weeks away!
Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald »

Nigel, I greatly appreciate all the effort you are making to get this off the ground. However I'm afraid I shall be unlikely to get a week off in May due to work commitments. My preference for the biking trip would be Sept or Oct, especially if the proposed windsurfing trip abroad somewhere goes ahead in June or July. But hey, don't base your plans on me!
I suggest we discuss all this at the AGM on Thursday.
NigelP
surf god
surf god

Post by NigelP »

It is looking as through the May 5 Bank holiday weekend is the most promising option. A number of nomads only have time for a long weekend, while others can stay the whole week.

Sooo, I suggest we establish a deadline of Sunday April 1st (April fools day :!: ) to see who is interested. I can then find and book suitable accommodation, depending on the size of the group.

An alternative is to find a bunk house, but this is not popular with all.

The more the merrier (and the cheaper). We would need a group of 8 to book the house we stayed in before. So, who's interested?
RaV
surf god
surf god

Post by RaV »

We're up for the bank holiday week - will check if I can get the week off work tomorrow.
If you need to fill the spaces, we have two friends who are doing the Dyfi enduro and would be on for a a long weekend, assuming that no nomads take the slots. :)

V
Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald »

Nigel, sorry you'll have to count me out for this trip at the moment.
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

Nigel,

I am a definite no - have to work in St Tropez 7th to 14th.

Adrian