Beer festival season

The place to chill out & chat about anything on or even off topic. BTW, mine's a pint of Cotswold Spring's Old Sodbury Mild, please.

Moderator: Moderators

MartinF
surf god
surf god

Beer festival season

Post by MartinF » Sun Apr 06, 2008 18:09

It's time to start planning...

First up is the Chippenham beer festival - Fri/Sat April 25/26 . This could be a "works outing" for me, but may well be of interest to others in the area. I think I'll be going on the Fri night.

Then there's the S Cotswold beer fest in Chipping Sodbury - , Fri/Sat, Jul 11/12. Nigel & I are planning to go on the Friday eve, and camp overnight. Pitches are limited and half of those for Sat have gone already!

On Aug Bank Hol weekend (23rd-25th), there's the Frocester Beer Festival near Dursley, Glos. There's absolutely no details on that website right now, but I know tickets will be avail from Jul 1. I've never been to this one before, but it's been running for donkey's years and has a great reputation. Camping is available at the adjacent cricket club. There's some decent mountain biking to be had round here, too, although the two activities might not be entirely synergistic ;-) .

If you're interested in any of these, please post here. In particular, let me know asap about the Chipping Sodbury one as it always sells out & there are no tickets on the door.
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.

Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long » Sun Apr 06, 2008 19:51

Don't think I am going to be making the Chippenham beer festival because Neroli and I are planning to attend the Hayling Island weekend and I don't think a beer festival would be good preparation for an early start down to Hayling.

I do hope to make the Sodding Chipbury festival though....
If found, please return to the pub.