The place to chill out & chat about anything on or even off topic. BTW, mine's a pint of Cotswold Spring's Old Sodbury Mild, please.

Moderator: Moderators

splendid
complete beginner

Post by splendid » Tue Jan 25, 2011 18:02

Hi All,

Just wanted to quickly say hello! I've been windsurfing since I was about 15 (26 now) down in Hayling Island, but in the past few years since moving to Bristol have not managed to get out very much. I'm hoping to change that and get back in the game! I would say I'm intermediate level, waterstarts, footstraps, starting to jump etc. well that was a while ago so I probably need some gentle sessions first to get back on it! Never quite got carve gybes down…

Anyway, I live in Bristol, have a big seven seater van with roofbars, my kit is all pretty old and a bit knackered but will do until I get a bit more involved, then might look at upgrading! Keen to make some trips out with more experienced folk, especially as I know nothing about the good locations here! Just got back from a week surfing in cornwall, good waves but no wind.

Hope to see some of you soon.
Rob

Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 27, 2011 20:58

Welcome Rob, look forward to seeing you on the water sometime when it warms up a bit. Keep an eye on the forum for when people start coming out of hibernation.

Nothing wrong with old kit, there seems to be a bit of trend for retro boards with certain Nomads at the moment. :D

splendid
complete beginner

Post by splendid » Thu Jan 27, 2011 22:06

Thanks Matt! Although whats this about the weather warming up!?! Just got back from a week surfing in Cornwall, beautiful weather, good waves, lovely water! :wink:

Sure I'll catch ya soon!
All the best.

rachael
wave jumper
wave jumper

Post by rachael » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:25

Hi Rob,

Nice to hear from you. I've recently joined the nomads, also waterstarting and in footstraps but my carve gybes tend to be a little wet, and I'm of similarish age (well within 5 years!)
I'll definitely be up for some trips, Portland is my favourite destination and I want to brave the waves this year at WSM. I'm not fully kitted out for winter yet but will invest in hood/gloves if there's gonna be company in winter - my boyfriend windsurfs but not when it's cold!
So let me know if you fancy an outing, it will be a good excuse for me to go shopping :D
Rachael

splendid
complete beginner

Post by splendid » Wed Feb 02, 2011 09:27

Heya, sounds good! I'd like to check out portland sometime soon as it sounds like a good spot to get practising again. Lets organise a trip when the wind/tides look good!

Also, I work freelance so am often free in the week as well as weekends.

rachael
wave jumper
wave jumper

Post by rachael » Wed Feb 02, 2011 20:40

Brill. I will get shopping :-)

I am unfortunately attached to a computer Mon-Fri though so it's only weekends for me.

Portland's lovely and sailable in pretty much any tide. Looking forward!

Rachael

PJ & JC
had a lesson
had a lesson

Post by PJ & JC » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:44

Great another mid week sailor. Definately up for a session in WSM, i'll post when i'm thinking about going out next :D
kids the ultimate light wind alternative

splendid
complete beginner

Post by splendid » Wed Feb 16, 2011 19:55

Nice one!