Events Calandar

The place to chill out & chat about anything on or even off topic. BTW, mine's a pint of something citrusy & hoppy, please.

Moderator: Moderators

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Events Calandar

Post by Graham_U »

Please can we have the old one click events calendar table format back. This new one Google format may be techy, but as a quick reference point it is a chocolate teapot and very slow.
Graham
dro
surf god
surf god

easter

Post by dro »

Graham I am surprised at the venom in your words and feel a chocolate teapot would be very nice making a nice change from eggs at easter.

Yours very chilled

Lord laidback timid
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Re: Events Calandar

Post by MartinF »

Graham_U wrote:Please can we have the old one click events calendar table format back. This new one Google format may be techy, but as a quick reference point it is a chocolate teapot and very slow.
Yes...

...if you are going to be the one that maintains it.

As a quick reference point, the general consensus is that it's pretty good, so I'm surprised to hear your comments. What specific problems does it cause you?
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

I use the calendar for quick reference and yearly prints to hand in the kitchen and office. The in built links were very good, especially as I don't know many of the pubs, but a luxury.

I went to print it the other day and there is nothing there. It takes an age to load and then all entry look the same, no details until you break into the calendar, which for quick reference which is what the site is for is not very useful.
Graham
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

So the attached print out that I just made from the calendar doesn't contain what you need?? If not, then I'm really not sure what it is you're missing. It took me 30 secs to produce.
Attachments
Print - Calendar Print Preview.pdf
Calendar printout
(401.92 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.
dro
surf god
surf god

Post by dro »

stick to the subjects chaps

Where can I buy a thousand choclate tea pots

Distinct lack of them in Timidland but I gather that they are brilliant for pouring the ice coold tasteless nectar

LT

P.S.
managed to ride up the Alpe D'huez cycle climb last week .
I gather it is the slowest time ever recorded,.
Brilliant !!! a world record at last
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Try Thortons Huw, pay them enough and they will make anything. Although I suspect you yellow fizzy stuff will come out with a brown tinge, although the chocolate could give it some taste at last.

Martin, given that you set it up you will of course know what you are doing. I don't use Google and just wanted to see a quick view on the website of the events, not down load a file. As far as I could see it also had to build the calendar entry by entry for a new user that took an age. When I had more time I found I could down load a file via printing that gave the basic information, but could not see it on the website without opening each individual entry. the quick complete view should be the main function of a website events calendar.
Graham
PhilipS
chop hopper
chop hopper

Post by PhilipS »

dro
surf god
surf god

Post by dro »

Thank you PhillipS order on the way

Wife very understanding , as she says who needs a new kitchen.

By the way what is this calender that everyone is talking about?
and can you drink it ?

LT