Well there was wind yesterday.

The place to chill out & chat about anything on or even off topic. BTW, mine's a pint of something citrusy & hoppy, please.

Moderator: Moderators

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Well there was wind yesterday.

Post by Graham_U »

It must be time for a windsurfing post this year?

Anyone get out yesterday? 3 Gold stars everywhere on Windguru, and in line with my record since I left work, it was a day when I already had an appointment :(

My hope of using some free time to crack carve gybes is not going to well, as there has been b***er all wind :evil: Oh well here's to a better 2006.
Graham
dro
surf god
surf god

as it happens !!!

Post by dro »

I also looked at wind guru on Tuesday and decided that tide and time off coincided so dressed in my wet suit I drove to the estuary.
Stood outside the car and listned to the wind howling in the trees,watched the rain pouring down and remembered my renewal notice for the timids.
Got back in the car and sheepishly drove home.

BUT
yesterday afternoon did the same but this time got out on the water
Hooray hooray hooray
Not exactly a howling gale but nice sunny weather in fact the ideal sort of conditions to be becalmed in the middle of the river.
Half an hour later managed to get back to shore about 400 yds up river and then had to walk back to the car dragging the techno

As the dog said not exactly wind surfing more nowind drifting.

Anyway I tried

(thinking about it afterwards quite severe conditions for a timid)
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Glad to here the Timids are leading the way Huw.

Its a couple of months since my last outing, after which its got a tad cold, the reason I didn't sail in this country for years :???:

Having watched a couple of the clubs videos filmed in Turkey and the Dom Rep., its made me long for warm water sailing.

I was hoping these so called enthusiast/experts would be keen to get out which would give me the incentive to follow in the cold. But as far as I can make out they seem more interested in finding new ways to get lost with their bikes well away from the water. :wink:

Having said that, I've limited my bike riding too just recently as my hands and feet have just got too cold. Although I've got thermal bike gloves, I think I may have to get the marigold out on the bike as I'm sure the biggest problem is wind chill. :(
Graham