Dahab windsurf center help

Anything about particular resort, hotels, equipment, sailing conditions, & other experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

twitty
had a lesson
had a lesson

Dahab windsurf center help

Post by twitty »

Hi need some advise on booking some windsurf kit.
I have already booked my flights and hotel (Iberotel Dayhabeya) can any one advise me how and when to book the windsurfing kit, im thinking of going with Harry Nass as they seem to be outside the hotel.
Any info greatly accepted as this is my first time.
Thanks Dave
rachael
wave jumper
wave jumper

Post by rachael »

Hi,
I've only ever booked holidays where kit hire is inclusive, but as you say Harry Nass hire kit, or I know people who have hired with Club Mistral in Dahab too. And I think I heard a rumour Club Vass were hiring kit too at one point. So there should be a bit of choice if you have a surf around the web.
Have fun!
Rachael
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

I stayed at the Iberotel a couple of years ago and hired from Harry Nass (centre 2) which as you say is right next to the hotel. A nice English girl was on the desk there, can't remember her name. Think I emailed them beforehand to book kit, reserving my choice of board. Probably not necessary to do this though as they have so much kit anyway and it shouldn't be too busy. Easy launch from there as it's almost cross shore wind so you can blast straight out to Speedy and the Napolean Reef in one long reach. Harry Nass will also loan you a GPS if you want to check your speed and also give you a walkie talkie if you're venturing further out eg. Kamikaze.

Club Dahab is almost next door so might be worth enquiring there about kit hire and you would then get a bit more Brit windsurfing atmosphere & bar access. Have a good one. :D
twitty
had a lesson
had a lesson

Post by twitty »

Hi thanks for the info, I have emailed harry nass to book 10 days windsurfing. I didn't specify a board just said I would have the pro kit. Just waiting to hear back.
Again many thanks really looking forward to it.
Dave
twitty
had a lesson
had a lesson

Post by twitty »

Hi
Have booked holiday at Dahab and have decided to hire with Harry Nass as they are outside hotel.
They say i need to book a board but can change it when there, cant decide to go for pro edition or the FSW boards does it make a difference any recommendations.
Thanks Dave
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Unless you off to Kamikaze you won't need anything wavey. Spent most of my time in Dahab on Futuras at nielson, and I tend to drift down to the bumpy end of speedy to get away from the crowds. Most of the instrusters reckon the 120 was the best board for those conditions unless your doing tricks. Having said that I don't like the latest Futuras with the scoped noses.
Graham
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

I pre-booked a JP Freestyle Wave 107 but actually spent more time on the Supersports, in 118 and 127 versions, as it wasn't that windy for the week and needed big sails. I liked the Supersports, from memory they're pretty similar to the Starboard Futuras in style, being wide and quite fast and I especially like the 118. I didn't bother with the Pro Editions either, probably because they were more expensive. I also liked the NP sails, which were Hellcats in the bigger sizes I was using (7-8m).