Ortakent

Anything about particular resort, hotels, equipment, sailing conditions, & other experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Val
beach starter
beach starter

Ortakent

Post by Val »

Just to keep Huw happy !!

We set off to Ortakent (via Gatwick) on a cool Friday morning. Thankfully, unlike our last holiday, I had no mad welshman spring up from behind a potted plant in the departure lounge screaming 'Hello! I'm Huw, I'm coming on holiday with you!' - Phew!!

Ortakent, when we arrived, was slightly damp. Our first full day was also cloudy and threatened dampness on numerous occasions during the morning. (Not that I minded - I was under cover in the exercise area practising yoga and calming my mind and body.) The effects of this evaporated quickly as I wandered down to the beach where the manager was yelling into his radio to clear the beach due to the sudden squall that was rushing through and sending beginner classes in all directions.

I looked for Graham - surprise, surprise - out in the middle of it with (I was told) the biggest sail available. I was informed by a member of staff that he'd been seen storming accross the bay '... really havin' it !!!' - said member of staff had that look in the eye that said 'I want to be out there too but I have to rescue all these beginners that don't know what's hit them!'

From the windsurfing point of view I believe it all went downhill from there. The yoga went very well. I knew things were bad when Graham volunteered to come with me on the highlight of the week - the walk accross the hills to Ortakent market.

If anyone is interested - Gary (who used to manage the Neilson Bitez site) is now at Neilson's in Ortakent. A walk along the beach past their hotel also confimed that an awful lot of the Bitez kit has travelled over the hill with him.

Happy now Huw ??
dro
surf god
surf god

thanks

Post by dro »

Yes thank you Val
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
dro
surf god
surf god

OH NO

Post by dro »

Shiiiiit
by answering it's DRO again

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D Oh Dear :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Val
beach starter
beach starter

Post by Val »

Can't answer for the windsurfing equipment but the nearest I got to red was a purple swiss ball during a couple of the exercise sessions.

Oh, and I did have a purple mat for yoga as well :) I like purple!
I even missed most of happy hour in the bar next door one evening to attend the evening yoga class - how dedicated is that ???

By the way - new addition this year for Crystal - they have aquired bikes and once you've signed the disclaimer at the beginning of the week you can sign them out and go off on your own during the week - you don't have to stick to the guided ride.
dro
surf god
surf god

Post by dro »

bored again so have decided to change them all back to DRO again