Techno e Med Fin Bolt - Any ideas

What worked/didn't work for you. Sort out that 3xpirouette heli-dismount here

Moderator: Moderators

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Techno e Med Fin Bolt - Any ideas

Post by Graham_U »

I tried to use my new/swapped board (Techno e Medium) at the weekend, but there was a problem with fin bolt. The one with the Fin was the same size as my old Techno, but it looks like there is either some spacer missing, or the bolt is about an inch too long, as the gap through the board is much smaller.

Anyone know how these are supposed to fit, or where I can find out or see how they are supposed to fit. I was not best pleased when I tried to change boards on Sunday. :( :evil:
Graham
NeilB
novice
novice

Post by NeilB »

The techno large is a thicker board so needs a longer bolt. The only solution I know of is to get another shorter bolt or cut the one you have down to size. Nice stainless steel bolts are available from windsurf shops, but you'd get cheaper from a "nut and bolt" shop - they do exist, though they are trade outfits that don't like selling single bolts to joe public.
Alternatively, I bought a box of galvanized bolts from B&Q. They don't last like stainless steel but they are so cheap, who cares.

Neil
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

thanks Neil. I got a bolt from Windy World which with a few washer works OK. Although being a slotted round headed bolt I have a permanent fear of it getting stuck as the fin box it a much tighter fit than the Techno's.

I liked the look of Gerry's hex-headed bolt, which was also a replacement of the original.
Graham