Farmoor reservoir nr. Oxford

Any questions / thoughts about specific places - particularly those outside of our *normal* area. Note that there's also the locations section on the main website with stacks if info about our area + Anglesey + Fuerteventura.

Moderator: Moderators

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Farmoor reservoir nr. Oxford

Post by Graham_U »

Anyone know anything about this place? Some guys from the Cotswold Water Park are talking about a trip this week end, so I wondered if there was any inside knowledge?
Graham

Post by Guest »

I've sailed my International Canoe there a couple of times. It's a bit like Axbridge, perhaps slightly bigger, concrete banks, easy launching. Generally open countryside around so winds should be reasonably good.

Post by Guest »

that was me (Al Donald) with the previous reply. Forum didn't ask me to log in for some reason.
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

Anonymous wrote:that was me (Al Donald) with the previous reply. Forum didn't ask me to log in for some reason.
Thanks for letting me know Al - now fixed.

BTW: You shouldn't need to logon explicitly each time you visit the forum: If - next time you logon - you check the "Log me on automatically" checkbox and If you have cookies enabled and you don't logoff when exiting, then the forum will recognise that you're still logged-in next time you go there.
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Thanks for that Al. As you know I enjoyed the trip to Axbridge, and flat water is more my scene than these enormous Waves you experts keep going on about.

I've found an Oxford SC website that seems to indicate that you have to be a guest of a member. We're you invited or are they happy to sign people in on the day? The working in the Website http://www.oxfordsailingclub.com/genera ... on/faq.asp
1. Do I have to be a member of Oxford Sailing Club to sail at Farmoor?
A. Yes, or a guest of a member, or a member of an affiliated body (e.g. ODSSA, OUYC, RAFSA, Sailability) sailing one of the associates boats, or sailing at the invitation of the club for open meetings or training days.
Seems to imply they are not too welcoming for day visits.
Graham
Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald »

I was racing in an open event (invitation). I'm not sure what the situation is windsurfing-wise.
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Thanks Al. We found out that guest are only welcome if interested in joining the club.
Graham