Windsurfing on the North Norfolk Coast

Any questions / thoughts about specific places - particularly those outside of our *normal* area. Note that there's also the locations section on the main website with stacks if info about our area + Anglesey + Fuerteventura.

Moderator: Moderators

Viv Powell
wave jumper
wave jumper

Windsurfing on the North Norfolk Coast

Post by Viv Powell »

I received this recently and thought I would pass it on - I have never sailed in that part of the country, does anyone know if the venues mentioned are any good for windsurfing and if so what level?

Hi

I thought you might be interested in our facilities at Deepdale Backpackers and Camping (www.deepdalefarm.co.uk), if you are planning any windsurfing on the north Norfolk coast.

We can offer both individual and group accommodation in Burnham Deepdale, an excellent base for activities anywhere on the north Norfolk coast. Opposite the hostel and campsite is an access to the salt marshes of Brancaster Staithe Harbour and Brancaster Beach is in the next village. There are other excellent beaches and accesses to the coast a very short ride from Deepdale.

Regards
Jason Borthwick
_____

Earthly Ideas
Diversification, Environmental and Marketing Advice

Tel: 07776 254019

Sole Trader: Jason Borthwick
Viv
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

Hmm. Possibly not quite as local as some of our normal haunts. Even from Bedford (near where I used to live), it took about 2 1/2hrs to get to.

However, I HAVE sailed at Brancaster. Not in the last two decades, I'd have to add, but have had some excellent sailing there.

It does have some similarities with WSM - the tide goes out a long way, and it's muddy when it does go out. And channelled, I seem to recall.

In those days, I was sailing my custom-built Krakatoa 295 wave-slalom, and my colleagues were mostly on New Waves swallow-tails.
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.