Tiree - it's easy from here!!!

Any questions / thoughts about specific places - particularly those outside of our *normal* area. Note that there's also the locations section on the main website with stacks if info about our area + Anglesey + Fuerteventura.

Moderator: Moderators

Liddlerich
chop hopper
chop hopper

Tiree - it's easy from here!!!

Post by Liddlerich »

I made a fantastic discovery today. :D I wondered if the forecast was good and I had a couple of days of holiday to take, how easy it would be to get to Tiree.
You could catch the 0700 Easyjet from Bristol to Glasgow on a Thursday arriving in time to catch the 1100 BA flight from Glas to Tiree (gets in at 1150).

Sail Thursday pm, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Mon am in one of the worlds finest locations.

Then you could get the 1210 BA back to Glasgow and pick up Easy jet back to Bristol.

5 hours each way. HOW GOOD IS THAT?!?!?!? I'm very excited.

Sorry if you already knew this, but I'm new to the area.
Vulcan't
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

I think 1.5 to 2 hours to get the south coast is a big enough commitment, and expense. Have you tried costing that taking full kit with you Rich?

If I'm getting on a plane to go wind surfing it better be warm and have kit at the other end. :???:
Graham
DudleyB
novice
novice

Tiree

Post by DudleyB »

I seem to remember reading somewhere that BA just will not allow you to take windsurfing kit on any flight whatsoever.Sorry to put a dampener on your proposed plans,good thought though.

Dudley B
could try harder
Liddlerich
chop hopper
chop hopper

Post by Liddlerich »

Yeah, I reckon you would need to hire kit from Black Diamond or something. Lugging kit there would be a nightmare!

I hear what you are saying about going foreign, I love Dahab and try to go a couple of times each year. However, whilst Dahab, Vass, Lake Garda etc are very nice, they are simply not in the same league as a windy Tiree. Each day you can choose if you want big waves, little waves, cross on, cross off or completely flat. I absolutely loved it when I went and have always vowed to go back.

Sure, you can get to the South coast quicker - but it wouldn't be a windsurfing holiday destination for me.

I'll give it a go some time and let you know whether it worked well or not.

Speaking of Dahab - a few of my mates go each year and we are planning our annual Easter trip. I'll post details when I know them if anyone is interested in coming along. Each year we have windsurfiers, kitesurfers and sunbathers - whatever floats yer boat.
Vulcan't