Stithians Lake & Country Park

Any questions / thoughts about specific places - particularly those outside of our *normal* area. Note that there's also the locations section on the main website with stacks if info about our area + Anglesey + Fuerteventura.

Moderator: Moderators

Richard
surf god
surf god

Stithians Lake & Country Park

Post by Richard »

Anybody have any experience of sailing at the above ?

Was thinking of taking a long weekend out under canvas again, have been told that it's one of the windy'est inshore locations, but never sailed there myself.

Cheers, Richard
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

I've sailed there once - many, many years ago. I also have a friend who lives 2 1/2 miles from Stithians & sails there regularly. I'll see if I can get him to update the Stithians page on the website, which I put together sooooo many years ago.
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

I tried to sail there once but couldn't find the way in! Many years ago too, pre -internet.

Was going to look for it again on one of our recent trips to Falmouth but never got around to it.....
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

Geoff has kindly got around to providing all the details. All will be revealed here.
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.
Richard
surf god
surf god

Post by Richard »

Many thanks for the info Geoff, will hopefully see it first hand before the summer's out, cheers, Richard
Geoff Mead
complete beginner

Stithians Lake

Post by Geoff Mead »

My pleasure Richard!

Absoutely zero wind in Cornwall for the past 2 weeks, want to try out my 9.2! Maybe September will be better.