Axbridge reservoir-can I turn up and sail?

Any questions / thoughts about specific places - particularly those outside of our *normal* area. Note that there's also the locations section on the main website with stacks if info about our area + Anglesey + Fuerteventura.

Moderator: Moderators

DanO
beach starter
beach starter

Axbridge reservoir-can I turn up and sail?

Post by DanO »

Can I just turn up at Axbridge, pay for a day ticket, and get signed in by anyone there?
According to the locations guide on he Nomads website it sort of suggests I can.
Is this actually possible, how much is it going to cost for a day ticket, and what do I need e.g. personal liability insurance, lifejacket etc.
I was hoping to get a mornings sailing in there Saturday if the winds okay, as I didn't want to travel too far as I need to be back in Bristol in the afternoon.

Any guidance appreciated.

Thanks Dan
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long »

I am not an Axbridge member so I'm not 100% sure. I believe the life jacket requirement has now been dropped.

There is a locked gate at the entrance, a fair walk from the club house, so you would have to park outside the gate and walk along to try and find someone (or turn up early and wait for someone else to come past). I don't have any experience of how easy it is to get someone to sign you in I'm afraid.
If found, please return to the pub.
DanO
beach starter
beach starter

Post by DanO »

I think I'll might take a chance and turn up Saturday morning.
Couldn't get a reply on the phone number listed on the Nomads site, but on closer inspection of the Corinthians site its looks like you can turn up and sail up to 3 times a year, for a £10 a go, if you get signed in by the duty manager. I hope thats open to windsurfers as well.