Bike insurance tale

Stuff that doesn't go elsewhere!

Moderator: Moderators

Neroli
chop hopper
chop hopper

Bike insurance tale

Post by Neroli »

My house building & contents insurance was due for renew this week - 'great' I thought, I would add our full susses to the policy... wrong! Direct Line will not cover any bike which is worth more than £1500 new, even when locked at home in the garage :(

I had been informed that Natwest Home Insurance would cover the bikes but alas this would increase my insurance bill by £280 - wasn't very tempting!

However, I have finally managed to find an insurer who will cover the bikes (actually any item up to £4000)... M&S Home Insurance... and the best bit is I have saved myself £220 (even after I have taken out the contents cover away from the home option - which covers the bikes whilst away on holiday in foreign climes) :D :D
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

Oddly enough, I renewed my buildings & contents yesterday and decided to go for the £1500 limit - which sems to be pretty standard - though it actually only cost very little extra on my poilicy (about £20), which seemed like a good deal.

Will keep M&S in mind for next year though - as long as it doesn't get nicked before then :-?
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.