Petition to ban or increase access of 4X4s

Stuff that doesn't go elsewhere!

Moderator: Moderators

NigelP
surf god
surf god

Petition to ban or increase access of 4X4s

Post by NigelP »

Not sure what your view are, however there is a petition and counter petition to increase access of 4x4s.

The counter petition is "Britain is an overcrowded country where finding peace and tranquility, away from the noise and threat of traffic is a growing challenge. While taking my two young children along a stretch of "traffic free" cycleway, busy with young families, on New Years day we came nose to nose with a convoy of recreational 4x4s. Enough of Britain's countryside has been given over to motor vehicle use. Too little is available for people, particularly those with young children, to enjoy without fear or harassment. We call on the government to extend the restrictions to exclude motor vehicles from all classes of off-road rights of way, other than for access"

If this is of interest, follow this link and add your name to Downing St petition http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Ban4x4FromByways

You could support the alternative point of view, however you will have to work harder to find that link yourself. The way I voted is, of course, a confidential matter. :wink:
Windsurfers do it standing at the bar
AlistairJ
water starter
water starter

Post by AlistairJ »

Motor vehicles are already banned from using off-road rights of way. In fact, they are also banned from using some roads, since early 2004 I believe. These people seem to have confused a byway - which motor vehicles have the right to use - with cycle ways, footpaths, bridleways, RUPPs etc etc etc.
Alistair
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

AlistairJ wrote:Motor vehicles are already banned from using off-road rights of way. In fact, they are also banned from using some roads, since early 2004 I believe. These people seem to have confused a byway - which motor vehicles have the right to use - with cycle ways, footpaths, bridleways, RUPPs etc etc etc.
Motor vech do not have right of access to a byway ! indeed a lot has changed since the introduction of N.E.R.C ,, depends which side of the fence you sit as to the rights and wrongs of the groups involved , but as an old trail rider of old it saddened me to have my rights removed to ride some of the areas that have been in use since I was a teenager .
forget dreaming "its time to loop"
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk
AlistairJ
water starter
water starter

Post by AlistairJ »

Sorry have I confused a byway and a green lane?

Not entirely sure what the rights are anymore. :???:
Alistair