Wanted - any unwanted kit!!

Looking for a bit to replace that broken/worn out/stolen wotsit...

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
surf god
surf god

Wanted - any unwanted kit!!

Post by Sue »

Hello
A friend of mine, Jackie (based on the outskirts of the New Forest nr Bournemouth) has put out the following plea for any unwanted kit.

If you have anything that could be of use, then please post on here (and your location) and we'll look into the logistics of getting it into the right hands.
Thanks
Sue

Tue, 6 July, 2010 10:49:27
Subject: Any Old Kit?

Dear All
My Aunt, who has a lot to answer for in terms of our obsession with wind and waves, runs a windsurfing club for under-privileged children. Funding has dried up completely of late, and she does not have enough equipment to get everyone on the water.
She asked me if I had any old kit lying about that I no longer needed. There are certainly a few bits lying unused in the garage - which she can certainly make use of. They are using 20 year old sails, which are really heavy for the kids, so even our brittle, patched, cast-off Tushies, which have no 2nd hand value, are very valuable and very welcome, as is our ding-doctor-filled intermediate board that we never use and UJ with a tiny nick in it that we wouldn't use on the sea but will be fine in the safe haven of a lake (with a rescue boat, just in case!)
I thought that our garage can't be the only one to have bits of unused kit lying around. If you, or any of your windsurfing friends, have anything that you are not using, that you would like to clear out, please let me know. I am happy to collect from pretty much anywhere within reason (south of Carlisle) and will make sure that it gets to where it is needed. As I said, they are using 20 year old sails, so don't be coy even if the kit is well used! Anything will be useful - boards, sails, masts, extensions, booms, lines, old harnesses - anything. I can tell you that the smiles on the faces of those little children...no, I'm not going to say that, but it is always good to encourage new blood into this rather wonderful sport of ours!
Thanks for listening to me, and please, please help if you can!
Lots of Love
Jackie
Nature playing with windsurfers
PortisheadPete
complete beginner

Wanted - Any Old Kit

Post by PortisheadPete »

Hi Sue,
Does this request for old gear still stand? I have four boards from the early 90’s as follows;
• Bic Lambada
• Bic Calypso (I think)
• Tiga Swift 325
• Vinta Sport
All have masts, booms and sails and are in good condition.
If they are not required by your friends aunt they are free to any other worthy cause or available to collectors of antique windsurfers for a small fee.
Pete.
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Pete

Thanks for your very kind offer.

I have checked with Jackie, who has checked with her Aunt - who would be thrilled and very grateful to takeover the two Bic boards, and any sails/ masts/ booms you care to offload. It's very kind of you to make this offer.

I'll PM (private message) Jackie's contact details to you - and hopeful you'll be able to arrange a handover with her.

Cheers
Sue :D
Nature playing with windsurfers