weekend 30/31 Oct

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

GregB
novice
novice

Post by GregB »

Hi All

I am a new to Bristol and UK as well. I have been addicted to windsurfing for 2 years, but sailed mostly on lakes, 3-4B. I am not used to waves and tides so will need advice when and where to go.
I was wondering about Saturday trip to Portland Harbour, I have never been there before but heard itis a nice location. Can you please give me some advice if it is a good idea or recommend any other nice spot?

My smallest set is 106l freemove board and 5.4m sail, the biggest 135l freeride and 7.5m. I am keen to learn and would like to improve my skills especially on wavy water.

Many thanks
Greg

Justin
surf god
surf god

Portland Saturday

Post by Justin »

Hi Greg
Me and Lorraine are going to Portland tomorrow (Saturday). In the forecast S/SW winds the water should be fairly flat, basically a large salt water lake. Tides not a problem. See the 'Locations' section on the website for more useful info.
Will be in a dark green Astra, with Nomads sticker on back windscreen. Come and say 'Hello' if you make the trip.

rachael
wave jumper
wave jumper

Post by rachael »

Ok that looks like at least 3 or 4 for Portland tomorrow so I'll have to join the party! Will aim to arrive around 10.30-11am - Greg that's in the car park on the left just over the ferry bridge to Portland - message if you need directions or anything.

I'll be in the red Corsa with Nomads stickers - like I need them, think I'm the only windsurfer crazy enough to try and fit kit in a Corsa! Starboard Futura & Reddish Tush sails with Neilson stickers if I can keep them out of the water for long enough for anyone to see! Please say hi folks, I'll be on my lonesome cos boyf's working.

See you there!
Rachael

GregB
novice
novice

Post by GregB »

Thanks guys for reply. It is 99% that I will be there.

I will be in silver Puma without Nomads sticker (yet) and a lot of stuff on the roof rack.

See you all
Greg

MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

I'm just about to head down to Weston (if I can dig the trailer out of the garage!).

Looks a bit marginal, but who knows?
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.

Richard
surf god
surf god

Dahab - back home and cold....

Post by Richard »

Hello Sue ( and all),

Sorry for the late reply, but thought we may be on the brink of boring people to death about our visits to Dahab, that being said, we had thirteen out of fourteen days at the resort with planning conditions, and, the body survived :) - have it in mind to get some winter sun come early Feb if anybody is interested in coming along...... R&A

dro
surf god
surf god

aha !!!!!!

Post by dro »

well well well well well well
It just happens that I have a week's holiday booked from work for week starting 6th of Feb
originally meant to go skiing but that fell through
would that date be convenient

I know this may be a silly question but where exactly did you intend to get this winter sun?

Not Dahab by any chance ????

Lt
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Hey Greg,

Just read you car description and realised you were still there when I came in. I would have said hello had I realised.

Packing the Puma looked more impressive that when I had a Hyundai Coupe. I must admit the dark blue bone shaking Focus Diesel Estate is a much better option. Windsurfing ruined the Coupe, and confused the hell out of the sails man when I went for the trade-in. :shock:
Graham

GregB
novice
novice

Post by GregB »

Hi Graham

You are right, Puma is not a the best windsurfing car :D but is much better then any convertible.

I hope we will meet next time.

Greg

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

I guess you've never seen Sav with his convertable Moggy Minor :???:
Graham