Roadford Lake, summer BBQ, July 15th, 16th & 17th

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Richard
surf god
surf god

Roadford Lake, summer BBQ, July 15th, 16th & 17th

Post by Richard »

Calling all camper's, so who's up for a weekend under canvas ?

Long range forecast at the mo is apparently "changeable", which must include some wind if also some of the wet stuff.

We have booked our pitch come Friday, beware that we are considering taking "Jack", so if you are planning to make the trip, please keep any uneaten tip bits well hidden :oops:

Cheers, R&A
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Unfortunately we're going to miss Roadford as I missed the notice for the big weekend and booked a week in Rhodes fron this weekend and won't be back until a week Sunday. I always wanted to go back to Roadford as we had a great weekend there a few years back. Its a lovely inland site, hills not to big to block the wind, and if there is no wind a great place for walking or exploring further a field. They even had a version of "indoors BBQ" if its a bit damp.

Hope there is a good turn out and you all have a good time. I'll just have to make do with the a few days winsurfing on the Aegean in the Meltemi with temps arround 30C :D
Graham
Richard
surf god
surf god

Post by Richard »

Thanks for the good wishes on the event Graham, hope your trip goes well and that the wind gods are favourable, cheers, Richard
rachael
wave jumper
wave jumper

Post by rachael »

Lol, have a good time Graham!

Sorry I won't be at Roadford as I'm going to do my powerboat course that weekend in Dorset. Have a great time though.
Bob Iles
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by Bob Iles »

That weekend I have a friend visiting and as he is over from Australia it sort of takes priority. Sorry to miss the summer social event.
Bob
Richard
surf god
surf god

Post by Richard »

Just took a peek at Guru re Roadford for next weekend, might have to pack my 5m sail as well as the wellies :)
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long »

Neroli, Axel & I are going. Axel can't find his wellies, so may have to get his paws wet.
If found, please return to the pub.
rachael
wave jumper
wave jumper

Post by rachael »

My powerboat course this weekend has been cancelled due to lack of students and weather, so we are in total dither mode! Tides are rubbish at Portland, Broad Haven looks amazing but we don't have little wave boards, there is wind around so we must go somewhere (unless work comes up) so there is a fair-to-middling chance we may end up at Roadford. If we do we will come armed with booze and burgers as we have missed the rsvp deadline!

Rachael
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Rachael

That's a shame about the course ... hope you get to go on it soon.

There are a few off to Roadford, and some travelling down today. I'm undecided at the moment what I'm doing!!

Sue :D
Nature playing with windsurfers
steve powell
wave rider
wave rider

Roadford

Post by steve powell »

Arrived with the drizzle.
A few gusts around but not much else.
Good wind predicted by the staff for tomorrow.
Lots of room for tents and it's Superhero day tomorrow apparently!!

Steve & Viv
I will learn to carve! (and jump)
Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Post by Keith S »

To anyone who's going - don't forget your buoyancy aid.
rachael
wave jumper
wave jumper

Post by rachael »

Thanks for the tip Keith. Billy now has work Sunday so I don't think we'll make Roadford just for the day tomorrow, but I hope you all have a great time.
Sue - please let me know if you have any bright ideas for either day!
Rachael
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Rach

Sent you a message last night, but currently not inspired by the rain :( .. if it looks like clearing I may head to Axbridge, otherwise I'll just get on with other things!

Think there may be one or two Nomads at Newton today.

Sue :D
Nature playing with windsurfers