Sunday 14th

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Bob Iles
carve gyber
carve gyber

Sunday 14th

Post by Bob Iles »

I am thinking of going to Axbridge this Sunday if it is not raining and if I am allowed in to sail there. I understand that I will have to pay £20 for a day guest this year. I do not want to drive to Portland when it is still cold and I will only probably sail for a couple of hours at best. Also there is the hot shower afterwards at Axbridge.
Scuders
complete beginner

Re: Sunday 14th

Post by Scuders »

I might join you - the wind's supposed to be around 17kts from 10:00 to 13:00 and i've never sailed there.

I might have to enquire as to whether i can enact a student (£14) membership between now and tomorrow.

Keep me posted.

Cheers
Davin
Bob Iles
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by Bob Iles »

Davin
I drive a white VW camper and have a Nomads sticker in the front windsreen. So come and say hello.
Bob
Scuders
complete beginner

Post by Scuders »

Hi Bob

Looking unlikely now i'm afraid as i was hoping to source a powerbox bolt from Windsurfer's World but they're out of stock, so without going to another windsurfing shop (and the closest i know of is near Portland!) i'm a no go i'm afraid.

Still, i'll be sure to get my membership sorted for Axbridge so's i can come along next time.

Cheers
Davin
Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Post by Keith S »

There's a Laser National event on at Axbridge this Saturday and Sunday as I found out when I went today. There's rather a lot of them. So if you're going to go aim to ready to sail at about 12:30 - 13:00 when they come in for lunch. Although it may be easier if the winds onshore and you won't need to sail through the course.
See posting in Your trips/sessions.
No matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers.
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

I'm thinking of having a look at Berrow in the morning as it's supposed to be better than WSM in a Southerly. High tide around 10am so will probably sail it on the drop, weather permitting. Don't fancy the long drive to Portland. :???:
Should've been here yesterday.
Simon H
had a lesson
had a lesson

Post by Simon H »

Is anyone going to Portland tomorrow 14 Apr? The wind looks mainly southerly but looks good. Alternatively I might go to Poole.
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Simon

I'm not aware of anyone going to Portland tomorrow. There does appear to be decent wind - however the last time I sailed in a strong and gusty southerly there I did find it fairly challenging, so it's not my favourite direction !!

Hope all those venturing out tomorrow have a good sail.

Sue
Nature playing with windsurfers
Bob Iles
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by Bob Iles »

Given the Laser event, I think I will give it a miss as I am struggling to motivate myself this morning. I am a warm weather sailor really.
Bob