Exmouth this Sunday

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Exmouth this Sunday

Post by Al Donald » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:47

Although I didn't make it to the pub night, I believe the planned trip to Exmouth is on. The wind is forecast to be westerly 10 to 12 knots in the afternoon. Given that low tide is 11.30 I would suggest sailing after that time, from the sea front, meeting place as per handbook. Check the location details on the website, as this place can be quite tricky with the tides and sandbar (I've never windsurfed there before).
Hope to see you there.
Al

MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF » Fri Sep 24, 2004 16:38

I think the general concensus at the pub last night was "don't bother", though I've not seen any "official" posting to that effect.

windGURU is presently showing F3 in am, F4 pm, NW backing W.

Agreed that this is an ideal wind direction for the seafront, esp. as we'd be sailing on an incoming tide - so wind against tide - but there's a lot of nervousness about the current & lightish wind forecast.

As it's neaps, there may not be enough water to sail round at the duck pond either.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I may drop in at Weston later on.

Al Donald
surf god
surf god

Post by Al Donald » Sat Sep 25, 2004 18:27

Sat eve. latest forecast now only 10kts in pm. Getting a bit marginal given the fast currents there. I think I'm doubtful about going now, but don't let me stop you! The duck pond may be sailable very late on, but is it worth it?
WSM doesn't look any windier but may be worth a look, HT 18.15, (not so far to go!)