winter gloves

Got anything to say about gear? Here's the place

Moderator: Moderators

twitty
had a lesson
had a lesson

winter gloves

Post by twitty »

Hi anybody got any ideas on gloves for windsurfing,what pair are good.Tried a pair before but got arm.cheers.Dave
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

hi dave tried no end , also the marigold etc but all crap

so heres my tip ! by the time its cold enough to really frezze your hands stay at home ............

for me thats a air temp of under 8 deg ,
forget dreaming "its time to loop"
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk
twitty
had a lesson
had a lesson

Post by twitty »

Cheers Kelvin didn't think there would be a magic glove,hopefully next weekend will be mild.cheers again Dave.
Liddlerich
chop hopper
chop hopper

Post by Liddlerich »

Gloves are a bit of a pain.

If you need to wear them, make sure your harness lines are spot on and when blasting make a conscious effort to relax your grip and alternate between overhand and underhand grips. That way you will last a bit longer and the general cold will get you before your arms give up.

Hope this helps - works for me!
Vulcan't
dro
surf god
surf god

drfinitive solution

Post by dro »

failing that go down the pub :D :D :D :D

Works for me , my hands stay lovely and warm and I stay dry (as long as I do not drink too much)

LT
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

After long discussions on this board probably still there somewhere, and trying a few options I'd recommend the marigold options. Their heavy duty type come in a matching wetsuit grey so you don't such a wally.

I suffer badly from cold feet/hands due to poor circulation, and whilst there is no insulation from marigolds, if you tuck them into the wetsuit they keep the worst of the water and all of the windchill out. that makes a big difference. But make sure you get the smallest size you can fit in, so you get max feel.

The surfing gloves I tried knackered my forearms after 5 minutes, and I normal wear sailing mits all year round.
Graham
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF »

Graham_U wrote:After long discussions on this board probably still there somewhere...
Use the "Search" feature to locate
It's an ill wind that never blows at all.