Oh dear what have I done.

Got anything to say about gear? Here's the place

Moderator: Moderators

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Oh dear what have I done.

Post by Graham_U »

In a moment of madness after returning from Holiday I order a Kombat 97 from Boardwise like that I sailed in Antigua. However having just taken delivery I can not believe this is the same board. Its tiny!
:shock:
I suspect it will turn into a large expensive paper weight in the garage.
Graham
Val
beach starter
beach starter

Post by Val »

The packaging is also a problem as it's between the door and the tumble dryer - although I'm sure I can work something out! :)
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long »

I'm sure you will grow into it with time :-) With the obvious exception of Neroli's K-Bay, there is no such thing as a board that is too small :-) Good board for Weston to, so I will expect to see you taking it out to play in the 3D stuff next year as well :-)
If found, please return to the pub.
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

cor 97 thats a HUGE board :lol:

have fun its around the ideal size for this part of the country , stick with it dont be tempted to run for that extra volumne when its a little light with a grunty 6m on it will be great chop basher for the sunny side of the bridge .
forget dreaming "its time to loop"
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk
dro
surf god
surf god

reality

Post by dro »

You are totally and utterly BONKERS

Safest thing is to use it as a door stop.

LT
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
Val
beach starter
beach starter

Post by Val »

Doorstop!!!

I think not Huw. I have enough trouble getting to the gardening gear and the tumble dryer as it is! Currently "we" have 4 boards and round about 7 sails in the way! (not to mention the Quiver thingie, and the several boxes of extra bits and pieces plus the wetsuits hanging from the ceiling................)

I feel a spring clean coming on.......
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Its alright Huw, Val never got the guided tour of your garage. She still has this strange idea that there should be a clear path between the doors in the garage.

Just to create some space I've moved the Kombat into the living room to keep it warm during this cold weather.

I got half way through fitting the footstraps on Sunday before the call of the pub at lunch time distracted me. Currently its got two so it will be alright on a starboard tack. Mind you for a fat foot like me, these new Starboard footstrap take some loosening. There seems a fundamentally design flaw, as the adjustments is very limited one piece outer sleeve, no matter how much you loosen the inner strap! Give me the old Bic ones any day.

Also had a play at fitting the Fin which is a USbox. Its the first time I've seen one of these, are they really as flimsy as they look? The slot is very tight and need some gentle persuasion with the Mallet. I much prefer the Trimbox, not sure sure why its gone out of fashion?
Graham
dro
surf god
surf god

Post by dro »

You are totally and utterly BONKERS

STILL APPLIES

LT

PS What's wrong with my Garage?
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Nothing wrong with your garage in my mind Huw, the organisation of it is something to aspire too! However I suspect Val might object to having to climb over things. :lol:
Graham
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

the Kombat finally got wet for the first time on Sunday at Hayling. It went well and I was very glad to have it.
Graham
kelvin
surf god
surf god

Post by kelvin »

frigging hell
7 months to get it wet
i,d have worn it out by now :lol:
forget dreaming "its time to loop"
kel www.winsurfing.co.uk
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

Yeah but Kel - you could wear it out in one day :twisted:
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

He sails more in one day than I sail in 7 months as well. :???: I think that the first trip I've made since I got it that warranted it, most of the other have been in-land.
Graham