Gusty Poole

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

DanO
beach starter
beach starter

Gusty Poole

Post by DanO »

Had a nice lie-in and was still in the water at Poole by 10:30am.
Had a great blast on an old Pacific 295 and 5.5 Storm.
Surprisingly choppy, and very gusty, and didn't stop raining all day, but managing to get 4+ hours sailing in, and feeling it a bit now.

Note to self:
Remember to rig up with wetsuit on as its no fun driving home in wet jeans.
DudleyB
novice
novice

Gusty Poole

Post by DudleyB »

Would agree entirely with Dan's comments.I found it a little less choppy the further round towards the mini roundabout and as the wind lessened slightly in afternoon.
I made 2 basic errors with my car parking;If I had parked front into the wind then my tailgate would have given me protection against the rain and my kit would not have got soaked whilst rigging up.Oh well,we all live and learn.
could try harder
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Re: Gusty Poole

Post by Ian Long »

DudleyB wrote:I made 2 basic errors with my car parking;If I had parked front into the wind then my tailgate would have given me protection against the rain and my kit would not have got soaked whilst rigging up.
School boy errors! There is nothing for it, you will have to get a van.

Would love to say that I watched everyone get changed in the wet while I retreated back to the warmth of the van, however returned from excellent holiday in the Peaks late on Sat night. The combination of a returning to a cold house thanks to a broken down boiler, Neroli's birthday, rain & too much beer at lunchtime :D meant that we did nothing all day.

Hopefully will remind myself how to windsurf soon.[/quote]
If found, please return to the pub.
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

I had a last minute change of plan and went to Hamworthy instead of the Knap, where I was powered up all day on a 5.2 and my new Kombat. :lol: A bit gusty and choppy and it rained pretty much non stop, but I had the mobile changing room/cafe to ease the pain. Glad I made the effort to get out and christen the new board.