WSM Sunday seconds

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Matt
surf god
surf god

WSM Sunday seconds

Post by Matt »

The addict in me forced me back to WSM again on Sunday for another helping even though the local rain suggested a possible skunking. It was not to be though, sunny WSM was going off again. Quite a few there with the same idea, including Justin & Lorraine, Adrian and Keith. 5.7 on 96L was good for me and this time the lumps were a bit more orderly so had a really good session on the rising tide. Packed up when the wind lulled around 5.30. :D :D
Loz
beach starter
beach starter

Post by Loz »

Orderly? :shock:

Good fun on the 4.5 and 80L. Finished around the same time after a walk back from the muddy end!
Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Post by Keith S »

First time out at Weston this year :D Forgotten how knackering it is - too much time spent at Axbridge on the flat stuff. Also forgotten how disgusting the water looks. Did a lot better than I thought I would. 5.2m on 104 Syncro. Had some really good runs. Gave up when too tired and it got lumpy. (:|
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

I went back for seconds last night after work, surprised there were not more there. Unfortunately by the time I had rigged "Kombat 97/Steel4.7" the conditions were really beyond my capabilities and fitness. Only managed to get out once, as the washing machine was in full effect. My arms were totally gone so normally only struggled to get through 2 or 3 waves before giving up. Still I'm thinking of it as a learning experience.
Graham
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

Like a few others enjoyed seconds on Sunday - decided to kite only has had to finish no later than high tide so wanted to be on the water as early as possible and the kite is much much easier on the 3 hour before high walk :P

With gusts up to 29mph it was 9.0 time for me and an excellent session with no kite crashes and some small jumps plus my first sucessful backside riding. Around 5.30 the wind dropped a bit and it became hard work getting out but still enough to enjoy the last 30 minutes before I needed to pack up.

Unfortunately the evening winds hav not been available for me this week as Oxford to Weston is a long drive especially as I have been working late.

Will miss this weekend event as work takes me back to the US on saturday.

Adrian