WSM Sunday 28th.Aug

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Mark Gregory
carve gyber
carve gyber

WSM Sunday 28th.Aug

Post by Mark Gregory »

OK this time I arrived at Weston at about 2pm and can claim to be the first Nomad on the busy beach, as car park was full and going into overflow!

Not long after I met Lorraine and we both decided to lose our parking places to head down to the beachfront to rig up and hopefully will find some spaces in the crowded car park!

Soon joined by Ian and Graham and it became a frenzy to rig up.
I decided on Evo 75l, now repaired! This time opting for a 5.2 Tush to help me get past the waves as I rather be overpowered then bobbing about and getting mashed in those the waves!

Now rigged and Vito parked it was time for the long walk which is a job in itself!

Launched off and found it a lot easier at this time as the waves were more gentle and easier to navigate through! Got past the waves and now blasting over the waves – Wah Hey!!

Now with my Weston cherry now disappearing, I’m actually enjoying myself riding the waves, weaving in and out, also over and down with the wave, Hey this is fun - at last!

Went for a gype going down a wave picking up speed then wiped out!
Well I suppose that was asking for too much?!

Waterstarted and I’m off again! Think I’ve been out about an hour an half so getting tired now and in need of a rest. Got near the shallows and thought I would tempt a gybe, went in on the wave got round then got back winded and the mast smacked me on the forehead! Ouch!! I didn’t think it was that bad, but thought best to go in, just incase!

Met Lorraine who told me my head was bleading, also Ian, he was sympathetically laughing at my misfortune!! As it reminded him the times he has done the same! Funny bugger as he reminded me I should get a helmet! I knew I shouldn’t have left mine in the Vito, Doh!!

Tried to go back out again and found it hard work as the sea was to lumpy and just couldn’t get past those waves! So decided to quit, while still ahead and still had a smile on my face!

So for me a brilliant day! As good progress was made and I had a bloody good sail, hopefully the punishment for me will get less at Weston!

Mark 8)
Welcome to the Surf
Mark Gregory
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by Mark Gregory »

Nomads rigging up on the beach!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Welcome to the Surf
Mark Gregory
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by Mark Gregory »

Evo with new nose job ready to go!! You with never notice lol!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Welcome to the Surf
Mark Gregory
carve gyber
carve gyber

Post by Mark Gregory »

Is the Tide in Yet? 8)
Welcome to the Surf
ambrosia
harness user
harness user

Post by ambrosia »

Two good sails for me this weekend at WSM Saturday got out nice and early and was well powered up with a 5.7 from the start but the wind did increase so at the end was over powered but still enjoyed it.

Sunday early start again but this time went with a 5.2 and smaller fin much better really good fun.

Only got a few pics from the weekend as windsurfing is much more fun than photography :lol:

Saturday: Anyone Know this sailor with the orange Simmer sail if so put him in contact with me please.

Sunday:

Justin

Cheers Simon
Justin
surf god
surf god

WSM Sat/Sun

Post by Justin »

Photos say it all :D .
2 great days sailing, well powered on 5.0m. Good crowd out enjoying the Summer wind and sun. Pretty good for August 8) .
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Much better drive than Sat, from a wet and windless Wiltshire just praying the forecast was right. Only when I got to Avonmouth was there any sign of wind, but when I got to the beach there was no shortage,

So another early start and long walk, on the Kombat/5.3 combo. Wind seemed a little stronger than Saturday early on so a little more hanging on/over powered early on than on Sat, wishing I'd gone small. But it soon become a little more up and down. The lumps not quite as bad but still lots of air and even a couple of dry gybes.

After a couple of hour my body was giving up and again it was one of those days at WSM where there was no easy way to take a rest so called it a day. As can be seen from Simon's pic above by then the sun was out and it was a very nice day. Two good days but I needed a rests, so didn't even look at the forecasts for Monday, went for a pleasant walk around the Ridgeway/Barbury Castle instead.
Graham
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long »

Nice to get out and do a significant portion of the total year's sailing so far in a single weekend. Sunday felt much more controllable than Sat but that might have been because I was beginning to remember how to sail. 2 back to back days on a 78lt wave board with 4.6m sail in August can't be bad. Apart from a brief excursion on the 8.3m& Techno at Roadford, all sailing this year has been either 5.2m or 4.6m on the Acid 78lt :-).
If found, please return to the pub.
Mikeypies
complete beginner

Post by Mikeypies »

I'm Spartacus

well no I'm not but I was on the orange Simmer :D