2 week UK Holiday

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Adrian
surf god
surf god

2 week UK Holiday

Post by Adrian »

Just back from 2 weeks holiday spent in the UK - thought it would be interesting to compare with Brian and Keiths Moon beach adventure 8)

Moon Beach almost certainly outscored here for sun - we saw some yesterday so came home in shock :???:

Precipitation - we win easily rain all bar 1 day :lol:

Moon Beach probably outscored us on temperature - i used a winter wetsuit ever session :cry:

Police presence probaly a score draw unfortunately as we were in Mid Wales and the helicopter was constant last week as were police patrols - very bad vibes and no happy ending.

3 days biking on own top end kit including 'The Beast' and both Nant-y-Arian rides with the beast exposing my lack of riding this year.

2 days of 4.0/75 ltr windsurfing to break my duck for this year - unfortunately proving that my knee really does not like windsurfing compared to kiting :cry: 7 days of kiting at Borth in big surf 4 to 6 foot including 4 days on a 7.0 so 4.0 to 4.5 equivalent, 2 days on 9.0 so 5.0 to 5.5 equivalent and 1 day on a 12 so 6.0 to 7.0 equivalent - so 6 days on 4.5 or less and given mainly cross shore waves at Borth I think possibly we win :lol:

Injuries and kit breakage - Moon Beach a clear winner :shock: I only had an hour or 2 of line untangling - see self landing in a force 9!!!

No flights - no hassle - all my own kit - superb - some great comparisons between 4.0 windsurfing in force 7 gusting 9 and then the same on my 7.0 kite a few days later 35mph solid gusting 45mph in 6 foot surf everything was great - the first time I have had to depower my 7.0 :twisted: but self landing on a lonely welsh beach is much more exciting :roll: than coming ashore after windsurfing :lol:

Hope the Daymer crew get some wind.

Just off for a last local ride today before work tomorrow.

I suspect you will see a lot more windsurfing kit for sale from me shortly so if you need anything - let me know....

Adrian
Having fun on the Dark Side

The Dark Lord