Tenerife June

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Loz
beach starter
beach starter

Tenerife June

Post by Loz » Fri Jun 28, 2013 19:32

Decided on a last minute trip to El Medano, Tenerife last week rather than a camping trip. Flew out Sunday, strong wind for 6 days and then the wind switched off, ready for flight back.
A typical days windsurfing for me was to optimistically go out on a 4.2m. After about half an hour, the wind would pick up and it was time to go for an overpowered downwind run back to the beach and then change down to a 3.7m.
That was apart from the second day when I headed down to the centre to find Justin taking out a 3.7m. Despite the offer of a 3.3m decided to see how Justin did. After a suitable time on the beach chatting I headed in to find 3.3m. Luckily it had gone. :) Unfortunately the lady who had the 3.3m was willing to share it. Decided to try it out - didn't get far before swimming due to a gust/lull/wave/lump or probably all four at once. Headed back and declared it too windy - still first time out on a sail that small, so good to try it out.
The windsurfing was quite challenging with waves for launching and big swells out the back, however, got out every day sailing in the sunshine so overall a good trip :D