WSM Wednesday 16th pm

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Matt
surf god
surf god

WSM Wednesday 16th pm

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 16, 2013 22:45

Weather forecast was spot on, rainy cloudy 12degC morning with Easterly wind suddenly switches around midday to sunny, 16degC strong westerly conditions. Got there around 3.30 which was not quite as early as I'd have liked but got onto the beach OK despite clearing up operations underway after the weekend's beach race.
Said hello to Graham rigging up and plumped on 5.2 and 96L for me. Closer inspection of the water showed similarities with normal high tide conditions only this was 2 hours before! So a bit tricky getting out and challenging when out there due to sizeable waves but a good time was had by all I think. Nearly got my Evo 80 out earlier on for the first time this year but decided to stay out on the same kit to avoid a potential shore break battering, and this turned out to be the right decision when the wind got a bit gustier later. Had a couple of batterings anyway, with my kit washed away from me twice after failed gybes in the wrong places, resulting in short swims in combined with a bit of body surfing. Great session, could do with a few more of those before the end of the year. :D :D
Should've been here yesterday.