Pre Christmas Windy Weekend

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Adrian
surf god
surf god

Pre Christmas Windy Weekend

Post by Adrian » Sun Dec 22, 2013 15:55

Went to WSM first thing saturday morning but only 8mph on the beach - as I was driving away the radio was talking about a lane closure on the old severn bridge due to the wind so decided to head over to 'the sunny side' and went to Aberavon - very light wind but went out on a surfboard and my 12.0 kite and was able to get out back - the swell was huge and it took me 3 runs to find a 'gap' to punch out then it was a case of cruising 'out back' keeping well away from the white water due to lack of power - however not a lot of fun so idecided to come in and change to my twin tip and play around on the inside the same as everyone else but coming back in I caught a monster and could not genertae enough power to stay in front so in turn it caught me :???: and I then had to surf it which in directly onshore wind meant I unde ran the kite without the option which means kite falls out of sky in front of wave :( followed by me porpoising both below water and then launched skyward :shock: Very unpleasant drilling. Went back out on the twin tip but wind was dropping so packed up and went to Newton - think I saw Justin and Lorraine's car going the other way and no wind or Nomads when i got there.

Sunday - was going to Portland but car had other ideas and ended up back at WSM :lol: Uncertain conditions followed by a nasty hail storm and a waterspout :shock: caused a rigging delay and a short chat to Matt before conditions improved - i went ouit on my 10.0 kite and was very well powered up to overpowered but not enough water left to waste time changing down but got almost 90 mins of water time which was enough in the temperature.

Adrian
Having fun on the Dark Side

The Dark Lord

Loz
beach starter
beach starter

Re: Pre Christmas Windy Weekend

Post by Loz » Tue Dec 24, 2013 16:28

Yes we were at Newton. Got there fairly early but the wind never arrived. Still a nice day on the beach and it was warm and sunny. :D