Weekend 8th/9th Feb

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Adrian
surf god
surf god

Weekend 8th/9th Feb

Post by Adrian » Sun Feb 09, 2014 21:06

Went down to a sunny WSM on Saturday to find a big squall and a 6.0 kite being desperately landed - after the squall it dropped to about 30 mph so I rigged a 7.0 kite and got into my wetsuit by which time another big squall brought people hurrying off the water including good kiters like Nigel walker and Neil Hobbs who changed down to a 5.0 and 5.5 kite respectively. The wind after that squall was now ranging between 30 to 47 mph and the wind in the squalls was much higher so I decided to stay off the water and live to fly another day - it had got up to 10 degrees and was suuny so would have been good windsurfing weather as not so risky in the squalls so I would probably have run a 4.7 but I had other business so no space in the car for windsurf kit.

Decided to gamble and go back on Sunday despite it being forecast to be very cold. On arriving it was about 30 to 35 mph but was forecast to drop and quickly seemed lighter so I rigged a 8.0 kite and before getting suited up a viscious hail storm came through dropping the temperature like a stone and not bothering seemed a good idea but I could not face 2 days at the beach without sailing so went out and actually had a really good session with some big waves out back breaking way out and close together giving a real fun day although the wind gradually dropped away cutting the day short but I am glad I made the trip.

Adrian
Having fun on the Dark Side

The Dark Lord