WSM Monday 21/7

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
surf god
surf god

WSM Monday 21/7

Post by Sue »

Took a bit of a punt today as to whether the wind would blow - but the Met Office did give an optimistic forecast :) . I didn't see any sign of wind, though, until I turned into the road by the loos at the beach front. Then, from the amount of sand blowing along the road - it seemed to be 4.7 weather :-).

Had a great afternoon sailing - went out shortly after high tide on a 4.7 and 85 litre. A little underpowered to start with, which was tricky given the size of the lumps, and I was thinking I should have rigged the 5.5! Then the wind picked up a notch and my kit was perfect, ending up overpowered come the end of the session.

Glorious weather - full sunshine, and so warm ... even at 6.00pm, and I reluctantly left a lovely sunny evening on the beach. Just 3 other windsurfers out, and a handful of kiters.

Ace 8) :D 8)

Sue :D
Nature playing with windsurfers
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Re: WSM Monday 21/7

Post by Graham_U »

Well done Sue, I would have liked to go but my car was still full of big kit and camping stuff from the weekend that needed sorted. Given how warm it was yesterday then it would have been great to get out on the water, so somewhat jealous. Especially as there doesn't look much sign of wind on the forecast. :(
Graham
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

It was really warm on the beach yesterday despite the winds - no fleece required before or after sail, even for me :lol: .

Agree - can't see any windy days looking for the foreseeable future! Fingers crossed these forecasts change!

Sue :D
Nature playing with windsurfers
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Wind gone quiet here too now for a bit I think, just as well as I need a rest, sailed 9 days on the trot. What's a fleece? :D
Should've been here yesterday.