WSM Wed 6th Aug

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

WSM Wed 6th Aug

Post by Keith S »

Went for it and took half day off. Got to the beach just after 1 to find Sue and Graham standing around looking despondent. :( Been a bit optimistic on their sail choice and not enough wind. At least I only got to rig once.
6m Storm on 104 Syncro turned out ok. :D Sometimes wallowing but once planing you could keep going. Sailed 1 hour either side of high tide - it was a neap. But plenty of bumpy stuff.
A very enjoyable afternoon on the beach in the sun. :D Beats the office.
No matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers.
Sue
surf god
surf god

Re: WSM Wed 6th Aug

Post by Sue »

Had a slow start, as I rigged a 4.7, which was too small - sand on the beach was wet after a night of rain, so not blowing around which scuppered my loo test :roll: .

So derigged, and rigged the 5.5, and had a lovely summer cruisin' session on that, and the 85 litre. It was the first time I've sailed the 5.5 this year - and I enjoyed the less manic conditions. Although there were still some sizable lumps and bumps.

Quite a few windsurfers out enjoying the warm, summery, sunny session - including Nomads Graham, Greg and Keith.

Days don't get much better than this - didn't wish to be anywhere else today 8) :D 8) .

Sue :D
Nature playing with windsurfers
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Sounds good, I would've liked to join you but as I've just gone back to work thought I'd better stay there, for a while anyway! :D
Should've been here yesterday.
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Only took the kombat based on the forecast. I got to the beach about 11-40, even before Sue. It was windy all the way down the M5 with sun and wind on the beach but less than I was expecting. Rig the 5.7 more based on the forecast than what was there, but it was so bad after the long walk at 12-30ish that I was seriously considering trying the 7.5 on the Kombat for the first time, and swearing about leaving the Rocket at home. However after a lunch stop and the arrival of Greg with his wind-meter things started looking up and no doubt he and Keith made better use of their time than Sue or I.

I rigged the 6.5M and tried again sometime between 1-30 and 2. It was a bit marginal for the first couple of runs but soon filled in enough to be planing most of the time if never fully powered. It was a bit like WSM in slow-mo chill-out mode in some very pleasant sunshine even getting round a good proportion of gybes dry. The wind seemed more on-shore than normal as you could make ground in both directions, although with the lack of power I felt I was sailing on the back foot all the time to go up wind. I ended up with a very enjoyable 3 hour session either side of high tide followed by a slow chatty de-rig. The only slight down side was catching end of the WSM rush hour at 6pm, but it did mean the M4/M5 around Bristol was flowing well by the time I got their.
Graham
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Matt wrote:Sounds good, I would've liked to join you but as I've just gone back to work thought I'd better stay there, for a while anyway! :D
Perhaps you could have tried the "phasing in line" - as in, seeing as you've had so much time off, you need gentle phasing back to full hours ? :lol: .

Welcome back, anyway. I'm sure you've missed the brown, lumpy stuff really :) .

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

For any one interested there were some good photos posted on the Bristol Channel Windsurfing page, we all seem to make an appearance, including a rather camp wave from Keith, and a number of appearances by Sue:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Graham
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Don't think it is me, Graham - looks like Greg, also out on a red sail.
I like Keith's photo :)
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Look again Sue
Sue.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Graham
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Thanks Graham - I hadn't opened up the album, so had only seen the first few photos displayed. I like the one of three red sails in a line - although , it looks like we are sailing way behind the pier towards the end of the bay, but I didn't sail that far down there.
I'm not sure how to post it on here!
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

I notice there were quite a few that had nice forshorting of the far shore.
10530749_741199289273494_4045782662015083298_n.jpg

I use the upload attachment below the typing window then select place in line
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Graham
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

10603804_741182349275188_2701499001842897055_n.jpg
Graham
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Yes, that is the photo, Graham, thanks - 3 in a line. Me in the middle; Keith on the RHS.

Where did that other photo come from - sailing at the old pier? I hadn't seen that one on the FB site?

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

If you remember Krys said he had more(>100), if interested. So I asked him, and he gave me friend access to his album.

As for me well I guess I should repeat the post from facebook:
10474250_741197889273634_5343735197641860068_n.jpg
Graham