Sunday 10th

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Adrian
surf god
surf god

Sunday 10th

Post by Adrian »

Hope you all had better days than me. I decided to head down to Portland as WSM looked to have heavy rain when the water arrived and Portland was showing as Sunny all afternoon - so given the forecast i also popped in a windsurfer and a 4.0 sail. Any lighter winds and Kiting is fine and better for the low Portland tide.

The usual 2 hrs 20 minute drive saw me at Portland purchasing a Kite Permit £3.30 and all day parking ticket at £5.50 The sun was shining and is was windy but about perfect and up to 19 degrees. Started to unload the car and the managed to knock myself out for a few seconds on the car tailgate :oops: When I started to get up I realised that the amount of blood was not normal andf I was in a bit of :'-( Luckily for me a passing first aid qualified individual took control and had me laid on the ground using my many year old first aid kit. Took quite a while to stop the bleeding and get me bandaged up and a trip to the Walk in Centre in Weymouth was on the cards as she said I would need several stitches. Ay first the Nurse at the Walk in centre was saying ' You need stitches and I can't stop you but I strongly advise that you do not go kitesurfing this afternoon' Which I took to mean - I have to say that but you will be fine :) However he then decided to use Glue and Steritabs and apologised saying 'Sorry - you really cannot go Kiting now as you cannot get these wet for 5 days' :( Not sure if the decision was to ensure I did not go kiting :!: I considered my options which were 1. Obey medical advise, 2. Go kiting and dissolve the stitches and spend another couple of hours back seeking medical attention or 3. Buy a condom and wear it over my forehead :P Sadly even I am not dumb enough for Option 2. and have just enough vanity not to try option 3 - but it was close :lol: Still a trip to 109 Watersports and a bit of Retail therapy cheered me up - got the newest of fins I went in for - free :D Calum threw them in with the new board 8) - In a way I did not tneed the fins as the new board came with a set anyway :D

I did go back to the beach to eat my belated lunch and conditions were just fantastic - about 24 knots and steady - sadly I headed home........

Adrian
Having fun on the Dark Side

The Dark Lord
Sue
surf god
surf god

Re: Sunday 10th

Post by Sue »

Sorry to hear that Adrian - hope you can get "wet" again soon.
Sue :D
Nature playing with windsurfers
Matt
surf god
surf god

Re: Sunday 10th

Post by Matt »

Adrian, that is truly bizarre, I can't quite see how you managed that it must take a certain level of skill! Did the wind catch it? Shame you missed a good session especially after a long drive too. Must be worth a special Nomad prize at the end of the year. :shock:
Anyway, I had a short session at WSM on Sunday, overpowered on a 4.7 and as I got there fairly late I got the gnarly sea state. So as it was survival sailing I packed it in early to save myself for Monday. The strong wind was also blowing the tide in so the water was reaching the wall by the time we left which was still half an hour before high tide. Drove past the pier to see the waves crashing in and sending spray across the road and it was the same at the Marine lake. Spectacular.
Should've been here yesterday.