Sat 18th Brean ..... or not

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Sat 18th Brean ..... or not

Post by Keith S »

Headed down to Brean but went into first car park I found thinking it was the furthest south. Very disappointed at the lack of wind. There was a tempting gust evey now and then. Went for a walk, had lunch. Just about to leave when Adrian turned up. Discussed lack of wind and found out I was in the wrong car park. As I left the car park noticed big sign saying Berrow Sands........oops. So drove further up beach but found next car park was charging (Berrow was free). So didn't park because already decided to head home.
No matter how full your life may seem, there's always room for a couple of beers.
Justin
surf god
surf god

Re: Sat 18th Brean ..... or not

Post by Justin »

Went to Brean to avoid bike race at WSM, only to find the beach marked out for a kite buggy race :roll: . Luckily they were slow moving enough to avoid, even while carrying kit through the course to and from the water.
On the water around midday, nice waves but not enough wind. After an hour of wobbling trying to catch waves, wind slowly started to pick up but waves started to disappear as the tide came in. Had about 10 minutes of good riding /jumping conditions somewhere in the middle :???: .
Met Martin and Nigel on the beach, who didn't look too impressed with the conditions, particularly Martin who had sacrificed a Beer Festival to go sailing :'-( .
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

The last hour at Brean was the best after I had accepted that it was not really going to be windy and rigged my 12.0 kite - think about 6.5/7.0 windsurf sail - nice waves were few and far between but scored a couple including a 5 turn down the line to finish....

Adrian
Having fun on the Dark Side

The Dark Lord
Justin
surf god
surf god

Post by Justin »

Photo from Brean Saturday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.