Sunday 2nd Nov 14 - Portland

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Ian H
chop hopper
chop hopper

Sunday 2nd Nov 14 - Portland

Post by Ian H »

Good day at Portland with Matt and J&L despite not being as windy as forecast.
Not great for speed, wind not as forecast and had to keep further out in the lumpy stuff to get the stronger, more consistent wind.
Let Justin go on a class board and rig combination, 1998 fanatic Bee 274 and year 2000 NP Jet 6.7. Might have some competition now when I bid on ebay for the old kit. I am sure it was a smile rather than a grimace that he had on his face. He almost beat me for speed on my kit but not quite :P .
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Re: Sunday 2nd Nov 14 - Portland

Post by Adrian »

Hi Ian,

I have some nice new kit for you - 1999 Fly or 2002 JP - never thought I would see you on 'New Millenium' kit but the 2000 NP Jet shows you are modernising :lol:

Adrian
Having fun on the Dark Side

The Dark Lord
Justin
surf god
surf god

Re: Sunday 2nd Nov 14 - Portland

Post by Justin »

Thanks for lending me the Fanatic Green Bee Ian - very impressed with both board and sail!
After a few tips from Ian on 'Old Millenium' boards, managed to get it up to a very exciting 27knots in the chop :shock: .
Nomad Nic was out too, on a slightly newer style Fanatic Board (a shiny new Gecko, I think).
Back on my own board I couldn't quite match the speed of the Bee, despite the wind picking up enough to feel well powered on a 5.7 sail. Now keeping an eye on Ebay for green boards :wink: .
Lorraine didn't quite beat her current 2014 Female Nomad Speed record, due to the fact I took the club GPS off her just before the wind picked up for her to do her fastest runs- oops :roll: .