May Bank Holiday weekend 2015

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Ian H
chop hopper
chop hopper

May Bank Holiday weekend 2015

Post by Ian H »

I went to Portland yesterday despite the low tide. Really glad i did. Had a great day.

Started off on a 7.4m and a big green board while there was lots of water. As the plug was pulled and the water started to get shallow the wind picked up enough for a 6.7m, a small green board and a 24cn fin. The small fin was just enough to be able to be used in the shallow water close to the beach where almost everyone else had to steer clear of.

I did have a little mishap as a kite surfer dropped the kite in the water right in front of me while I was at full speed. No harm done but must have looked good from the beach.

Only an occasional spit of rain in the morning. The afternoon for most part was sunny. Having forgot my sun cream I am very red today.
Hopefully everyone else enjoyed their trips.
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Re: May Bank Holiday weekend 2015

Post by Adrian »

Hit Weston on Sunday - as an 11.5m tide only intended to get there 3 hours before to be on the water 2.5 hours but the wind was poor - did get out kiting but the wind was very iffy coming and going - typical southerly - big holes and then no winfd - then wind etc. A very poor session but I did get out, did not have to swim back or do the walk of shame - so not too bad. Will be interested to hear how Oxwich worked and if Newgale worked.

I did not see your van Matt except from the water and you had gone before I came in - i gave up just after high tide.

Adrian
Having fun on the Dark Side

The Dark Lord
Justin
surf god
surf god

Re: May Bank Holiday weekend 2015

Post by Justin »

Oxwich was good on Saturday - good strong onshore wind (5.0m for me, Lorraine on 4.5m) with plenty of waves for port tack jumping :D .
Newgale was a bit more challenging on Sunday - waves, but big holes in wind and too onshore = lots of swimming.