Bitez Turkey

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Bitez Turkey

Post by Graham_U » Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:23

Anyone got any useful tips on Bitez in Turkey. We've just booked a Neilson holiday at the Bitez Han Hotel so I'd be interested in anything any has to say on Bitez, the hotel, places to eat and drink, or current views on Neilson training/kit offered there.

My hope is to get some windy training to
a. get my high wind stance sorted (why does everyone else seem to go faster than me?)
b. get training in the foot straps (how I lost my glasses at Axbridge)
c. get the waterstart sorted (so I can look a smaller board)
d. get more high wind/sea confidence (so I don't keep messing about and missing the wind like at Portland.)
e. Have fun

I've done a Neilson holiday before so I know they can be hard work, but it was at Porto Heli in Greece. Nice place but not much wind in the second week so I went sailing instead.

I've also done a few trips to Bodrum area, one was a Mark Warner holiday on the other side of the peninsular, but I don’t know much about Bitez.

Note for Martin F – Maybe a holiday tip forum would be appropriate.
Graham

MartinF
surf god
surf god

Post by MartinF » Wed Aug 18, 2004 16:13

Hey Graham - lucky person!.

Take a look at some of the trip reports for bitez on the website - just follow the trip reports link or do a seach.

You'll find the names of the authors on those reports. You could always give them a call.

Good idea about the holiday tips forum.

Cheers,
MartinF

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U » Mon Aug 23, 2004 13:53

thanks Martin, I've read those reports. I just wondered if anyone had been there more recently or had any more practical tips, like for eating, drinking and entertainment.
Graham