Calendar Link and trips

Tell us what you think about the site & the forums. What you like, what you don't like, what you'd like to see available/removed...

Moderator: Moderators

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Calendar Link and trips

Post by Graham_U »

Is there any chance of putting an easy/short link to the calendar on the front/home page of the website. Or have I missed it?

Since the site was redesigned I struggle to find it easily, yet it seem the key to the club.

Also we going to publish notice/confirmation of trips on the site. Living in Wiltshire the pub nights are not easy to get to, so using e-mail or this noticeboard would seem an ideal communication method.

Although have check out the remainder of the year, it doesn't look like I'll get to many more as they often seem to clash with Bristol rugby home matches.
Graham
MartinF
surf god
surf god

Re: Calendar Link and trips

Post by MartinF »

Graham_U wrote:Is there any chance of putting an easy/short link to the calendar on the front/home page of the website. Or have I missed it?

Since the site was redesigned I struggle to find it easily, yet it seem the key to the club.
It's a good point - I'll readily admit that navigation is slightly more cumbersome now - that's the downside of making the site easier to maintain, which was a high priority for me. The events calendar is in the "About us" section. I've now added a link direct from the home page.
Graham_U wrote:Also we going to publish notice/confirmation of trips on the site. Living in Wiltshire the pub nights are not easy to get to, so using e-mail or this noticeboard would seem an ideal communication method.
Another good point - this is what the nomads email list was set up for and so it should have been used following any decision that was made on the pub night. If I were you - and without wanting to stir it up - I'd send an email out on that list asking the same question. If you're not registered on the list, send an email to steve powell and he'll register you.
Graham_U wrote:Although have check out the remainder of the year, it doesn't look like I'll get to many more as they often seem to clash with Bristol rugby home matches.
Come on, be serious - how can rugby clash with windsurfing? It's just a matter of priorites (this from someone with less than avid interest in rugby!).:wink:

Martin
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Its a matter of priorities Martin, and Rugby wins. Something I've been into for a lot longer than falling of a plank of plastic. Also the better half comes to rugby but is not interested in windsurfing. Also difficult to sell it to her as a day in the country/seaside as anyones who has seen my car loaded might understand, there not exactly a lot of room to spare with the mast, boom, and a couple of sails down the passager footwell. Yes I know I need a bigger or more practical car, but I bought the coupe before I had my own windsurfing kit.

You should see the worry I've been having about this week end. Early in the week the forecasts were for wind on Saturday, nothing on Sunday, guess what Bristol are playing on Saturday. I got excited last night as it seem to had drifted to sunday, but this morning it seem to be disappearing on both days.
Graham