Windsurfers in the Swindon area

Anything not covered elsewhere that you'd like to ask/tell about.

Moderator: Moderators

Alan
complete beginner

Windsurfers in the Swindon area

Post by Alan »

Hi

I am fairly new to the Swindon area and looking to get back in to windsurfing and hope to get in contact with some fellow windsurfers. :)
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

Hi Alan,

I live in the Swindon area and have been known to indulge in a spot of windsurfing :lol:

Adrian
Alan
complete beginner

Post by Alan »

Most of my windsurf experience has either been on the med or on a lake so far and I am now aiming to have at least few trips to the coast this year and hopefully more active next year when my house refurb is finished.

From the safety point of view and logisics it doesn' make much sense to be going places on my own and Bristol Nomads seam to have a few people in Swindon / North Wiltshire area. Therefore it would be good if I could join up with some of the Nomad trips. :)
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Alan, that exactly why I joined the Nomads when I first got some kit in the UK about 6-7 years ago. The regular trips give a good intro to venue, and there are some very knowledgeable folk in the club. Although leaving in Wiltshire make the pub trips difficult.

Although it has to be said this year the lack of wind forcast have meant many events have not happend. IBut once you get to know a few people then the ad hock trips through hte forum are very successful as well.
Graham
Adrian
surf god
surf god

Post by Adrian »

Portland or Poole are good places to start as no real risks.

From Swindon the easiest beach is Westo but is very tide dependant and normally lumpy but safe. HillHead is also easy and just chop to contend with.

I normally look for challenging conditions and make late calls dependant on the weather. I live out by J15 if you were looking to hook up.

regards

Adrian