The new guy... he needs help.

The place to chill out & chat about anything on or even off topic. BTW, mine's a pint of something citrusy & hoppy, please.

Moderator: Moderators

mooshoe
complete beginner

The new guy... he needs help.

Post by mooshoe »

Hello people.

This is my first post of hopefully many and right now i need your help. I have been out of windsurfing for a while and have recently jumped head long back into it.

I am looking for fellow windsurfers to go surfing with me (if your willing). to meet people who are passionate about windsurfing and don't mind teaching me a thing or two.

i have looked for locations and Weston Super Mare + Berrow / Brean seem to be the best and closet option i have found (if you know any better ones plz let me know). I am also willing to travel further afield to get the right conditions. Recently Went down to Portland for the day and had an awesome time.

Thanks! T
rachael
wave jumper
wave jumper

Post by rachael »

You've come to the right place! If it's windy some of us are always windsurfing somewhere (see Trips forum) and we're a friendly bunch. WSM is good if you're comfy on waves or enjoy being inside washing machines, the Locations part of this site has masses of info on other spots too.
Rachael
mooshoe
complete beginner

Post by mooshoe »

Hello again.

Thanks for the info i shall keep an eye on the (Trips forum).
think i will have to go with the being inside a washing machine for now as i have only tried waves twice. both times i consistently fell flat on my face. but ill take on anything if it means i get a ride in the washing machine again. Plus i can only get better....

what part of WSM is a good spot for windy planking as i think i read somewhere that they had stopped people using parts of the beach for water sports?

many thanks T
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Sounds like you should be joining the club?
Graham
mooshoe
complete beginner

Post by mooshoe »

sounds cool to me.

Is it £15 a year or somthing and whats it envoled with becoming a member?
rachael
wave jumper
wave jumper

Post by rachael »

Yup, all the info is here...
http://www.bristolnomads.org.uk/about/memb_req.htm
There are no specific initiation rites to endure! :D You get newsletters, yearbook, contact list, car stickers, discount in windy world, access to club videos etc. Bargain!
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

... and when the wind coincides with a planned event there often a decent turn out at the pub night on the Thursday before, which would be ideal for the sort of discussion your looking for. There were 20 of us at one earlier this year.

Mind you I'm not sure I've made an official event this year, we do seem to have an ability to pick non-windy or epic weekends.

Else there the post sail nomad huddle are organised and ah-hoc events where similar discussion are held, normally based somewhere near Sue's car. :D

Look out for the little yellow stickers in a car near you, or at least on the beach. Mind you Simon's yellow van is taking things a bit too far.
Graham
mooshoe
complete beginner

Post by mooshoe »

Thanks for the info. will sort that out as soon as.

if anyone is interested and crazy enougth i am heading down to calshot or maybe portland tomorrow for a windy plank. will be leaving early. know its short notice but i have space on my roof rack if anyone wants to join me.

cheers again. T