WSM Thursday

Tell us all about what kind of day/ weekend/holiday you had.

Moderator: Moderators

Matt
surf god
surf god

WSM Thursday

Post by Matt »

Excellent session at WSM yesterday evening. A big high tide at 7pm meant the earlier the better but work meant I didn't arrive till 5, by which time I expect Justin had probably been out for an hour already. Had a quick download on conditions from Simon/ambrosia and chat with NigelP while hurriedly rigging my 6.5/112L. Nigel was going big with a 7.5 which must have been a bit of a handful. Wind was a NW'ly which was a bit weird to start with as it meant heading out on starboard for a change. Some nice waves coming in too and it must've been really good earlier while the tide rose. Still, it was still good enough to keep me entertained for a couple of hours while the sun gradually dropped to the horizon until sunset around 8pm. :D :D

Those bl***y posts are pain though on a big tide. A couple of times I spotted a post tip sticking out just in time as I was about to gybe. They're also so close together it makes it difficult to get your kit back to your vehicle when the water is up past them. :roll: So I carried on sailing till the tide had dropped back a bit. :D

Also, a big up for the Flatholm weather station for helping me decide whether to make the trip. Rich at Windy World told me about it and here's the link:

http://www.cbwac.com/harbour/flatholm/C ... o_Plus.htm
Should've been here yesterday.