Foca (Nielson Turkey)

Anything about particular resort, hotels, equipment, sailing conditions, & other experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Foca (Nielson Turkey)

Post by Graham_U »

As Nielson have a current offer at the moment (end the 5th.) we have got really well organised this year so as well as having booked our early summer break to Ortakent in June, we have just booked our late Summer break at Hotel Phokaia, Foca in Turkey for 2 weeks from 27th.Sept. It supposed to be one of the better wind resorts and not far from Teos where we went a couple of years ago and had some really good conditions. the reviews on TripAdvisor of the site seem to be very favourable, but if any one has been there please let us know impressions.
Graham
dro
surf god
surf god

Re: Foca (Nielson Turkey)

Post by dro »

I was wondering if the Graham U who has been creating havoc on the Neilson Forum was you.
Now I know !!!

LT
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Hi Huw,
My general policy is to use the same ID unless there a very good reason not to, as you can guarantee I will forget anything else.
Graham
dro
surf god
surf god

Post by dro »

Sat down and warned Rhian of your presence in Focia. Next thing I know we have booked for 2weeks from 20sept
C U on the 27th.

LT
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

It will be good to have your company again if only for a week, although I hope we can meet up before then as I still have your sail in the spare bedroom :???: We would have gone a week or two earlier but Val could not get time of work until the end of Sept.
Graham
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Time to head off for a couple weeks of hopefully warmer weather in Turkey, to share the first week with the mad doc Huw and Nomads big board speed freak Richard. I just hope there enough kit to go round. It must be a month since I've been on the water so I hope there some wind out there.
Graham
Hernot00
complete beginner

Post by Hernot00 »

Graham_U wrote: Tue Mar 04, 2014 08:20 As Nielson have a current offer at the moment (end the 5th.) we have got really well organised this year so as well as having booked our early summer break to Ortakent in June, we have just booked our late Summer break at Hotel Phokaia, Foca in Turkey for 2 weeks from 27th.Sept. It supposed to be one of the better wind resorts and Paris shuttle not far from Teos where we went a couple of years ago and had some really good conditions. the reviews on TripAdvisor of the site seem to be very favourable, but if any one has been there please let us know impressions.
You're right