Holiday Weekend

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Bob Iles
carve gyber
carve gyber

Holiday Weekend

Post by Bob Iles »

Any one have any plans for the long weekend? Sunday is looking possible though I may just go locally to Axbridge to avoid the traffic to the south coast.
Bob
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Re: Holiday Weekend

Post by Graham_U »

I've got rugby tomorrow, but would interested in a trip on Sunday which currently looks better than Monday and will hopefully have less traffic issues. From a quick scan of the forecasts Hamworthy looks my current favourite but would interesting to know where anyone else is heading.
Graham
Justin
surf god
surf god

Post by Justin »

Me and Lorraine going to Oxwich tomorrow. Maybe Newgale Sunday.
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Well I've packed the car with the Boards for Hamworthy which is currently looking favourite. Hopefully being a Bank Holiday Sunday the traffic won't be too bad.
Graham
Scuders
complete beginner

Post by Scuders »

Hi

I was at Axbridge for a couple of hours and there was little wind. I'm now at Weston waiting for the wind to pick up and the sea to come in! (High tide 19:30. 20mph winds forecast from 17:00.) Noone else here, but i guess they know better than to arrive 3.5 hours before high tide!

Davin
Black M-reg VW Polo
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Funnily enough Davin I'm waiting at Weston too! Red VW T4, come and say hello.
Should've been here yesterday.
Scuders
complete beginner

Post by Scuders »

Hi Matt

Darn, i just went to check out Berrow as I've never been there before, and now I'm back it looks like you've gone? I'm at the South end on the sand. (Not sure if this is the best place to launch as i haven't sailed here for years.)

The wind's dropped a bit again now and I'm after 5.7m weather with a relatively low volume board. It's supposed to pick up again in the next hour, but whether I'm going to keep waiting is another matter!

Davin

Matt wrote:Funnily enough Davin I'm waiting at Weston too! Red VW T4, come and say hello.
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Hi Davin,
Yeah, I gave up on it too. Half a dozen kiters were out briefly until a heavy shower came over and killed the wind off again. Conditions definitely weren't tempting. I have to say the forecast was never more than 50:50 anyway so I wasn't surprised by the skunking. Some you win, some you lose. :cry:
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

5.7m weather, you shoud have come to Hamworthy. I originally rigged a 6.5 but as other looked like they were struggling I changed it to a 7.5 before I got it wet, unfortunately they both really need the same mast/boom, as I planned off the beat on the 7.5/Rocket115 (first time I've tried this combo) but as soon as I got beyond the boats it was way too much, but would have been OK on the 6.5. Did a couple of runs out to the Brownsea but the wind was too much and rising. After a quick sandwich while rigging the 5.7 and Kombat97 it was pretty good for the condition. Whilst the wind would occasionally drop for a short while, it was generally rising and I had a great afternoon rediscovering some of the techniques that seemed to have disappeared over the winter. After about 3 hours I had to give up as my arms could no longer hold the sail on the gybe so I gave up happy. Although the general body ache this morning reminded me the needed to improved my fitness :shock:
Graham
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

It looked like the south coast was going to be a good bet but as I'd not got to bed until 4am I wanted somewhere local. I see IanH scored at Portland too (windsurfing wise). :)