Axbridge on Saturday

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Viv Powell
wave jumper
wave jumper

Axbridge on Saturday

Post by Viv Powell »

Loads of people at the Ring ‘o Bells this evening – only two of us Nomads though! You must all have been taking advantage of the windy weather and evening tides at Weston.

An entertaining evening none-the-less, with beautiful weather, Morris dancers (see pic), a Classic Car club meet and Folk music. We decided to leave before the Butcombe brewery trip group arrived though.

Weather not looking too windy for Axbridge at the moment, so we will be keeping a close eye and deciding later.

Viv
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Viv
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long »

Guess we were ships passing in the night then! We saw the folk singers but were spared the Morris dancers :D.

Gerry, Keith, Neroli and I were also there and had a brief conversation with the brewery trip - they all came in an old London bus, on a tour from Hawskbury Upton. Brewery trip looked very tempting, however they left the pub around the same time as us and I think they were going to get very cold on the open bus on the way home (1hr 15+ - with no loo on board :lol:)

Thanks for the lift home Keith..... (Saved my poor little legs)
If found, please return to the pub.
Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Post by Keith S »

If anyone's thinking of going please could they post a message here. Then we can sort out where/when to meet.

Water level is high and is ideal for practising beach starts. Small bit of weed about. Looks like it's going to be light winds.
dro
surf god
surf god

entourage

Post by dro »

Lord Timid and all his followers,fans and admireres are thinking of making the trip as long as there is not too much wind.
I will bring the deck chair to check wind conditions(please could the Nomads supply the lager)

Thought carefully about the last statement and come to conclusion that deckchair good idea but probably windsurfer not needed just Nomads supply the lager !!!!!
Do not worry I can bring my own glass :D :D :D

LT

P.S.
Noted that Kelvin's technique is clearly improving No upside down pictures for a long time
Well done Kelvin you must be very proud
Might put you forward for Timid membership !!!
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
Matt
surf god
surf god

Post by Matt »

Well I was at Weston, don't know where everybody else was though.
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

I was originally planning to go to Axebridge, as I've always enjoyed it there. But only if there are a few of us going. The forecast seems to have improved a little, but it is looking much more promising on Sunday. Anyone got any plans for Sunday.
Graham
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

I was originally planning to go to Axebridge, as I've always enjoyed it there. But only if there are a few of us going. The forecast seems to have improved a little, but it is looking much more promising on Sunday. Anyone got any plans for Sunday.
Graham
AlistairJ
water starter
water starter

Post by AlistairJ »

Would have made the trip with GF as she now has a big board to progress on.

But sadly we are busy this weekend. :cry:
Alistair
Richard
surf god
surf god

Post by Richard »

Sunday is looking more promising, LT. are you and your entourage over for just the day or the weekend ? Richard
dro
surf god
surf god

discussion

Post by dro »

had a chat with all my followers,fans and admirers and she felt that conditions might not be ideal so having a rethink and will decide tomorrow morning
Sunday not sure might be hungover

Yours uncertainly Lord Timid
What do you mean not ENOUGH wind ?
NeilB
novice
novice

Post by NeilB »

I am considering Hamworthy on Sunday.

Neil
Richard
surf god
surf god

Post by Richard »

We (brother Steve) are planning now on Llangdegfedd for Sunday, have dropped a line to LT & co accordingly. Wind / direction according to forecast, looking good. Richard
DudleyB
novice
novice

Axbridge Sat 21

Post by DudleyB »

As I Have'nt got a passout for Sunday am going to go to Axbridge come rain or shine.Am aiming to be there around 10-30.
Hope thats convenient Keith.
Regards
Dudley
could try harder
Keith S
wave rider
wave rider

Post by Keith S »

I'm still heading for Axbridge on Saturday. Probably be there sometime between 11 to 12 o'clock - nice slow Sat morning start. Red vectra estate with small Nomads sticker in rear window in case anyone may be looking.
Graham_U
surf god
surf god

Post by Graham_U »

Possible for Saturday. Forcast looking slightly more encouraging.

I must admit that Llandogfood sounds an interesting option for Sunday Richard. Are you definite?
Graham