WSM Tuesday 1 Sept

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Sue
surf god
surf god

WSM Tuesday 1 Sept

Post by Sue »

I was thinking of going to WSM tomorrow - high tide just before 6.00pm, so presumably I could sail from 3.00pm?? Anyone else planning on being there?

Sue
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long »

Tue evening is usually cycling round Castle Coombe for me, but will watch the wind and make a late decision. Will be in a Silver Renault Master (with black windows) if I make it, if not, I'm sure that will guarantee wind for you. Doubt I would get there much before 5:30 though.
If found, please return to the pub.
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

OK Ian, will look out for you 'possibly' being there. Otherwise, enjoy your cycle.

Sue
Mark Gregory
carve gyber
carve gyber

Good Sail?

Post by Mark Gregory »

Hi Sue, how did you get on at Weston?
Hopefully you had a good one, as the conditions looked very good!
cheers mark
Welcome to the Surf
Ian Long
surf god
surf god

Post by Ian Long »

Great sail at Weston yesterday evening. By the time I arrived, Sue was taking a well earned rest having been sailing for the best part of 2 hours already.

About 10 sailors out on the water. I rigged the 6m and went out on the Kombat but quickly found I should have been on something smaller.

Wind started off SSW then swung round progressivily more W and onshore as the evening went on and the wind continued to build, producing some great port tack jumping conditions.

At times the first 100 or so yards were in a bit of a wind shadow from Brean which was great when overpowered, but hell when you got through it and out into the wind line proper.

Spent most of the evening wishing I had a smaller sail but expected the wind to drop so stayed with it. In the end, the wind just built and built till eventually my hands gave up and I had to stop.

Apparantly Tony Low was out very early on the rising tide but retired early when his sail decided it had had enough.
If found, please return to the pub.
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Yes, had a great sail at WSM yesterday. Arrived at what I thought was earlyish for the high tide (4 hrs before high tide) to see just one windsurfer already out, whizzing around in the distance at speed in the waves. That sailor soon came in though and turned out to be Tony, with a large hole in his 5.8!! The last time I saw him at WSM he came in with a broken tooth - not sure which is preferable :shock:

Anyway, went out on my 5.5 and 85, and really enjoyed the conditions (I think!! :???: ) for my second sail ever there. I was struggling a little with the shore break at times, until Ian arrive along with his " top Nomadic tips for WSM shore break". Despite telling him I had been sailing for 2 hours he "made" me carry on and try his tips out (boy is he a hard task master!). I really appreciated his help, and a familiar face, however I packed up soon afterwards as the wind was increasing. I think the conditions were becoming more challenging as Ian was getting his hair wet due to being overpowered (so he said :wink: ) on his 6.0m.

Overall great session :D :D

I'm contemplating going back again late Friday afternoon. Any other takers??