This afternoon

What Nomadic events are coming up. Also, if anyone's planning a non-Nomadically-arranged trip and/or looking for others to join in.

Moderator: Moderators

Liddlerich
chop hopper
chop hopper

This afternoon

Post by Liddlerich »

Is anyone sailing this afternoon / evening? If so where?

Looks as though the tides times are not good for a pm session - the joys of having Weston as our nearest spot!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Can we use Axbridge?
Vulcan't
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Hi Liddlerich

I'm about to go up to Axbridge now as I can't sit here in this windy weather and not go anywhere. It will be fantastic up there. I was told last weekend that I couldn't sail there today as it's a non club sailing day.

I am hoping that seeing as there is a windsurf clinic going on and windsurfers out on the water that I'll be allowed to. The problem is that there will be no general rescue service, which is a club/ Bristol Water requirement in order to sail. However on occasions if you are buddied up with someone then that has been OK. So, not sure of the answer - officially no, but I'm hoping otherwise!

Failing that I suppose its WSM mid/ late afternoon - but I'm planning on being at Axbridge for the WindWise seminar this evening. so may be a rush to get there! Not sure if if helps you!!

Sue
Liddlerich
chop hopper
chop hopper

Post by Liddlerich »

Hi Sue,

I'm going to head straight for Weston, with a view to getting on the water for as close to 4pm as possible. That should give a few hours good sailing up to HT.

Don't know if that influences your decision at all. I'll be in a VW white camper van with a trailer if you are down that way.
Vulcan't
Liddlerich
chop hopper
chop hopper

Post by Liddlerich »

Great session this evening despite being at Weston. Nicely powered up with a 4.4m.

Is anyone sailing tomorrow afternoon?
Vulcan't
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Liddlerich

Good call that you went to WSM and not Axbridge yesterday. Officially no sailing at Axbridge, but by 5.00pm I couldn't stand it any longer watching others out and just had to go for a sail. Had a good hour, but then received an "addressing to" by one of the dinghy committee members. Fair call, as I did know "the rules", but it seemed non-sensical on a day for windsurfers at Axbridge, with SB drumming up enthusiasm for the sport ( and Windsurfer's World's suppport too), that we are not allowed to participate on the water. On a positive note, evening seminar was excellent.

Anyway, WSM today - I an planning on going along, and I think Tony is too. What is the earliest we can get on the water without encountering mud? 4.30 ish??? I'll look out for your vehicle and trailer.

Sue
Liddlerich
chop hopper
chop hopper

Post by Liddlerich »

I really need to get out in the afternoon as I am off to London this evening. I was thinking about Axbridge, but I get the impression it's Fun Police, Jobsworth City down there. I might call them to see if I can use the lake.

You should be able to get out from about 1700 tonight, but you will have a bit of a hike with your kit. It's worth it if it's windy though as I find it's much better sailing as the tide comes in. As it gets near HT, it's bloody awful - bump and er bump and bump and bump!!!!!!!!!!
Vulcan't
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

Axbridge is not open on a Friday so you won't get a sail there. It's open weekends, bank holidays and , in summer, weds evenings (the latter now stopped I think).
Liddlerich
chop hopper
chop hopper

Post by Liddlerich »

Well it seems that because its not a leap year, the moon is not in the 4th quadrant of the sun, Jupiter is not aligned with Pluto and Haly's Comet is not in view - there is no windsurfing at Axbridge today.

No sailing for me today - shame as it looks great out there. Enjoy if you get out later. :cry:
Vulcan't
Sue
surf god
surf god

Post by Sue »

yes - it is looking good. :D :D
Will make I sure I park as far up the beach as possible as the tide looks quite high tonight.